|No. 90 – New England Patriots|
|Born:||March 20, 1992|
Middletown Township, New Jersey
|Height:||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight:||260 lb (118 kg)|
|High school:||Middletown North|
(Middletown Township, New Jersey)
|NFL Draft:||2016 / Round: 3 / Pick: 75|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2018|
Shilique Calhoun (born March 20, 1992) is an American football defensive end for the New England Patriots of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Oakland Raiders in the third round in the 2016 NFL Draft. He played college football at Michigan State.
Calhoun was redshirted at Michigan State University as a freshman in 2011.
As a redshirt freshman in 2012, he played in all 13 games as a backup. He recorded 6 tackles (2.5 for a loss, including 1 sack) and 2 passes defensed. His first year as starter, as a sophomore in 2013, he posted 37 tackles (14 for a loss, including 7.5 sacks), 1 interception, 4 fumble recoveries, and 2 forced fumbles. He was named a second team All-American by numerous publications and was a finalist for the Ted Hendricks Award. Although he was eligible for the 2014 NFL Draft, he decided to return for his junior season. During his junior year in 2014, he posted 39 tackles (12.5 for a loss, including 8 sacks), 1 fumble recovery, and a forced fumble. He was expected to leave college and enter the 2015 NFL Draft, but he returned to school for his senior year and, during the 2015 season, he collected 49 tackles (15 for a loss, including 10.5 sacks), 3 passes defensed, and a forced fumble. He finished his four-year college career with 27 sacks, 131 tackles (44 tackles for a loss), four forced fumbles, five fumble recoveries, and one interception.
On April 29, 2016, Calhoun was drafted in the third round (75th overall) of the 2016 NFL Draft. On May 17, 2016, it was announced that Calhoun would wear number 91, formerly held by Justin Tuck. On June 17, 2016, Calhoun signed with the Oakland Raiders. He played in 10 games as a rookie recording nine tackles and a pass defensed before being placed on injured reserve on December 23, 2016.
On September 12, 2018, Calhoun was waived by the Raiders and was re-signed to the practice squad. He was promoted back to the active roster on September 18, 2018. He was placed on injured reserve on December 5, 2018.
New England Patriots
- Michigan State's Shilique Calhoun vows to become better player, leader
- Michigan State's Shilique Calhoun named finalist for Ted Hendricks Award defensive end of the year
- No NFL, yet: Michigan State's Shilique Calhoun 'definitely' coming back, has bigger goals
- "Oakland Raiders Take Michigan State DE Shilique Calhoun in 3rd Round of 2016 NFL Draft". Raiders.com. Retrieved June 19, 2016.
- "Shilique Calhoun Ready To Take Ownership Of Number 91". Raiders.com. Retrieved June 19, 2016.
- "OAKLAND RAIDERS on Twitter". Twitter. Retrieved June 19, 2016.
- "Raiders Sign Third-Round Pick LB Shilique Calhoun". www.raiders.com. Retrieved June 19, 2016.
- "Third Rounder Shilique Calhoun Signs His Contract". www.raiders.com. Retrieved June 19, 2016.
- "Raiders Activate DE Mario Edwards Jr". Raiders.com. December 23, 2016.
- "Raiders Announce Transactions". Raiders.com. September 2, 2017. Archived from the original on December 9, 2017. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Raiders Announce Practice Squad Signings". Raiders.com. September 4, 2017.
- "Raiders Sign LB Shilique Calhoun To Active Roster". Raiders.com. October 14, 2017.
- "Raiders waive linebacker Shilique Calhoun". Raiders.com. September 12, 2018.
- "Raiders Sign Calhoun From Practice Squad". Raiders.com. September 18, 2018.
- "Raiders announce transactions - 12.5.18". Raiders.com. December 5, 2018.
- "Patriots Sign 10 Rookie Free Agents and Two Free Agents". Patriots.com. May 2, 2019.