|Founded||5 April 1974Chennai, Tamil Nadu, Indiain|
|Revenue||₹759,526 million (US$11 billion) (2017)|
Number of employees
Shriram Group is an Indian conglomerate founded on 5 April 1974 by Ramamurthy Thyagarajan, AVS Raja and T. Jayaraman. They have their headquarters in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. The group had its beginning in chit funds business and later on entered the lending business through Shriram Transport Finance (Commercial Vehicle Finance) and Shriram City Union Finance (Consumer and MSME Finance). In 2018, the company forayed into metallurgy by setting up a unit in Odisha.
None in the financial services industry thought at the time that this small Chit Fund business in Chennai would become the foundation for the financial conglomerate that Shriram is today.
Shriram Group’s businesses have made great efforts to serve the largest number of common people through its pioneering and customized financial services. For more than three decades the tireless efforts for facilitating financial access to small and medium entrepreneurs through loans and chits has carved a niche for the Shriram Group across India.
- "Shriram Life Insurance". www.shriramlife.com. Retrieved 8 September 2016.
- "About the Group".
- Raghuvir Badrinath & T E Narasimhan (24 May 2012). "Shriram Group's Rs 400-cr PE plan to bind its cement foray". Business Standard. Retrieved 7 August 2012.
- Sanjay Vijayakumar & V Balasubramanian (27 May 2012). "Shriram Group founder R Thyagarajan bets on math and mathematicians for business success, not that much on B-school grads". Economic Times. Retrieved 7 August 2012.
- "Shriram Transport Finance".
- "Shriram City Union Finance".
- "Shriram Group mulls foray into metallurgical biz in Odisha"