Sir Michael Shaw-Stewart, 7th Baronet
Colonel Sir Michael Robert Shaw-Stewart, 7th Baronet (26 November 1826 – 10 December 1903) was a British baronet and Conservative Party politician. He sat in the House of Commons from 1855 to 1865.
He was the son of Sir Michael Shaw-Stewart, 6th Baronet.
He was said to be a staunch supporter of the Renfrewshire fox hunt.
In May 1855, he was elected at an unopposed by-election as the Member of Parliament (MP) for Renfrewshire. He was re-elected in 1857 and 1859, and held the seat until his defeat at the 1865 general election.
Shaw-Stewart was Lord Lieutenant of Renfrewshire from 1869 to 1903 and Grand Master of the Grand Lodge of Scotland from 1873 to 1882. He bought the manor of Hindon, Wiltshire from his wife's mother and was appointed High Sheriff of Wiltshire for 1883.
- Sir Michael Hugh Shaw-Stewart, 8th Baronet (1854–1942)
- Walter Richard Shaw-Stewart (1861–1934)
- Helen Shaw-Stewart, married Charles Pierrepont, 4th Earl Manvers
- Craig, F. W. S. (1989) . British parliamentary election results 1832–1885 (2nd ed.). Chichester: Parliamentary Research Services. p. 600. ISBN 0-900178-26-4.
- "Player profile: Michael Shaw-Stewart". CricketArchive. Retrieved 10 July 2014.
- "Full text of "Records of the Lanarkshire and Renfrewshire Hunt"". archive.org. Retrieved 29 November 2016.
- Baggs, A.P.; Crittall, Elizabeth; Freeman, Jane; Stevenson, Janet H (1980). Crowley, D.A. (ed.). "Victoria County History: Wiltshire: Vol 11 pp82-103 - Parishes: East Knoyle". British History Online. University of London. Retrieved 21 June 2017.
- "No. 25208". The London Gazette. 3 March 1883. p. 1232.
- Obituary in The Times, 11 December 1903, pg. 6. Retrieved 16 March 2016.
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by Michael Shaw-Stewart
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
| Member of Parliament for Renfrewshire
Archibald Alexander Speirs
The Earl of Glasgow
| Lord Lieutenant of Renfrewshire
The Lord Blythswood
The Earl of Rosslyn
| Grand Master of the
Grand Lodge of Scotland
The Earl of Mar
|Baronetage of Nova Scotia|
|This biography of a baronet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Scottish Conservative and Unionist or Unionist Party (Scotland) Member of the Parliament of the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Conservative Member of the Parliament of the United Kingdom born in the 1820s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|