Sir Robert Lechler
|Born||24 December 1951|
Sir Robert Ian Lechler, FRCP, FRCPath, FMedSci (born 24 December 1951) is a British nephrologist, immunologist, and academic. He specialises in transplantation tolerance and immunology. Since 2004, he has been Professor of Immunology at King's College London. Since 2009, he has been Executive Director of King's Health Partners.
Lechler was elected a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians (FRCP) in 1990, a Fellow of the Royal College of Pathologists (FRCPath) in 1996, and a Fellow of the Academy of Medical Sciences (FMedSci) in 2000.
In the 2012 Queen's Birthday Honours, Lechler was made a Knight Bachelor "for services to Academic Medicine", and therefore granted the title sir. On 7 November 2012, he was knighted by Anne, Princess Royal (acting on behalf of Queen Elizabeth II) during a ceremony at Buckingham Palace.
- "Robert Ian LECHLER". People of Today. Debrett's. Archived from the original on 15 March 2016. Retrieved 5 December 2015.
- "Professor Sir Robert Lechler". King's Health Partners. Retrieved 5 December 2015.
- "Professor Robert Lechler". Faculty of Life Sciences & Medicine. King's College London. Retrieved 5 December 2015.
- "Professor Sir Robert Lechler announced as new Academy President". The Academy of Medical Sciences. 29 June 2015. Retrieved 5 December 2015.
- ‘LECHLER, Sir Robert (Ian)’, Who's Who 2016, A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc, 2016
- "Prof Sir John Tooke and Prof Sir Robert Lechler, outgoing President and President-elect of the Academy of Medical Sciences". Science Media Centre. 3 December 2015. Retrieved 5 December 2015.
- "No. 60173". The London Gazette (Supplement). 16 June 2012. p. 1.
- "Central Chancery of the Orders of Knighthood". The London Gazette (60593). 9 August 2013. Retrieved 5 December 2015.
Sir John Tooke
| President of the Academy of Medical Sciences
2015 to present