A slingback is a type of woman's footwear characterized by a strap that crosses behind the heel or ankle. A slingback strap is distinguishable from an ankle-strap in that the latter is a strap that completely encircles the ankle.
Slingbacks can be considered a type of sandal and come in a wide variety of styles from casual to dressy, with heel height ranging from none to high, heel types ranging from as thin as a stiletto to as thick as wedges and they may be either closed or open-toe.
Slingback straps are usually adjustable through a buckle or an elastic segment, allowing the wearer to slip their foot into the sandal easily without the need to make further (or any) manual adjustment to the strap or buckle, while still holding the foot in the sandal relatively securely. The buckle can be made of metal, plastic, or even sometimes stone.
- Yejide, Morowa (10 June 2014). Time of the Locust: A Novel. Simon and Schuster – via Google Books.
- Design Museum Enterprise Limited (5 October 2009). Fifty Shoes that Changed the World: Design Museum Fifty. Octopus – via Google Books.
- "Why We Are Wearing Leggings Outside Of The Gym". Vogue.
- Carballo, Charlie (10 March 2017). "Dita Von Teese Rocked Strappy Louboutins for Hermès DWNTWNMEN Los Angeles". Footwear News.
- "Melanie Griffith sparkles in a figure hugging dress on the red carpet - Starts at 60". startsat60.com. 12 December 2016.
- Turner, Krissy (1 March 2017). "What the best dressed wore in Milan (and how to steal their style)". Daily Telegraph.
- Costello, Jane (14 April 2011). Girl on the Run. Simon and Schuster – via Google Books.
- The Fashion Book. Dorling Kindersley. 2014. p. 148. Retrieved 24 March 2017.
- "Michelle Keegan debuts stunning transformation at the Brits - did you notice it?". The Sun. 22 February 2017.
- Galway, Gretchen (8 January 2015). Not Quite Perfect (Romantic Comedy): Oakland Hills #3. Eton Field – via Google Books.
- McKinley, Hannah Weil. "The Classic Chanel Piece That's Becoming a Modern Must Have". Pop Sugar. Retrieved 24 March 2017.
- Prescod, Danielle (Sep 22, 2015). "3 Ways to Wear the Unofficial Shoe of Fall: The Revamped Chanel Slingback". InStyle. Retrieved 24 March 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Slingbacks.|
|This shoe-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|