Sony Xperia X Performance
|Manufacturer||Sony Mobile Communications|
|Model||F8131, SO-04H, SOV33, 502SO (single SIM)|
F8132 (dual SIM)
|Compatible networks||3G and 4G LTE|
|First released||15 June 2016|
|Availability by region||15 June 2016 (Taiwan)|
17 June 2016 (Hong Kong)
2 July 2016 (Sweden)
22 July 2016 (Thailand)
|Successor||Sony Xperia XZ|
|Related||Sony Xperia X|
Sony Xperia XA
Sony Xperia XA Ultra
Sony Xperia XZ
|Form factor||Rounded square slate|
|Dimensions||144 mm (5.7 in) H|
70 mm (2.8 in) W
8.7 mm (0.34 in) D
|Mass||165 g (5.8 oz)|
|Operating system||(Launch) Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
(Release) Android 7.1.1 Nougat(Current) Android 8.0 Oreo
|System on chip||Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 MSM8996|
|CPU||2.15GHz Quad-Core 64-bit|
|Storage||32GB (F8131, SO-04H, SOV33, 502SO)|
|Removable storage||Up to 200GB microSDXC|
|Battery||non-user removable Li-ion|
2700 mAh (F8131, F8132)
2570 mAh (SO-04H, SOV33, 502SO)
|Data inputs||Multi-touch, capacitive touchscreen, proximity sensor|
|Display||5.0 in (130 mm) 1080p IPS LCD|
Full HD 1920x1080 px TRILUMINOS Display for mobile with X-Reality for mobile and Dynamic Contrast Enhancement
|Rear camera||23 MP 1/2.3 Exmor™ RS for mobile sensor, Predictive Hybrid AF, Quick launch, 5x Clear Image Zoom, 24mm Wide Angle G Lens F2.0|
|Front camera||13 MP 1/3 Exmor™ RS for mobile sensor, with Quick launch and 22mm Wide Angle Lens F2.0|
USB 2.0 (Micro-B port, Quick Charge 2.0, Qnovo Adaptive Charge)
3.50 mm (0.138 in) headphone jack, 5 pole, Support Digital NC Noise reduction
fingerprint sensor (except US variant)
The Sony Xperia X Performance is an Android smartphone produced by Sony. Part of the Sony Xperia X series, the device was unveiled along with the Sony Xperia XA and Sony Xperia X at MWC 2016 on February 22, 2016. It was Sony's flagship smartphone for the first half of 2016.
The device features a 5.0 inches (13 cm) 1080p screen, also features a 64-bit 2.0 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 MSM8996 64-bit system-on-chip with 3 GB of RAM. The device also has 32 GB and 64 GB internal storage with microSD card expansion up to 200 GB and includes non-removable 2700 mAh battery.
The rear-facing camera of the Xperia X Performance is 23 megapixels with sensor size of 1/2.3 inch and an aperture of f/2.0, featuring Sony Exmor RS image sensor with quick launch and also features hybrid autofocus that utilizes phase detection autofocus that can focus the object within 0.03 seconds. Also the device is water and dust resistant with an IP rating of 65 and 68 and features a fingerprint sensor as well. The U.S. variant will include a free Qnovo Quick Charge 2.0 charger in the box. This would be the first time ever that Sony Mobile has included something extra for its U.S. smartphone customers. 
The Xperia X Performance is preinstalled with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow with Sony's custom interface and software. On August 23, 2016, Sony announced that the Xperia X Performance would receive an upgrade to Android 7.0 Nougat.
On November 29, 2016, the Android 7.0 Nougat update for the Xperia X Performance was officially rolled out.  An update to Android 7.1.1 rolled out in April 2017.
On 27 November 2017 Android 8.0 Oreo has been upgraded for Sony Xperia X Performance through build number 41.3.A.0.401.
Here are the complete description of the Xperia X Performance variants in the world:
|F8131||GSM GPRS/EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz
UMTS HSPA+ 800 (Band VI), 800 (Band XIX), 850 (Band V), 900 (Band VIII), 1700 (Band IV), 1900 (Band II), 2100 (Band I) MHz LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 19, 20, 21, 26, 28, 38, 39, 40, 41 (SO-04H)/ 1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 12, 17, 41 (502SO)
The Sony Xperia X Performance made its market debut in Taiwan on June 15, 2016.
- "Fingerprint Manager – Sony Xperia™ X Performance support (English)". support.sonymobile.com.
- "Xperia X Performance announced". Sony Xperia. 27 February 2016.
- Hardawar, Devindra (24 February 2016). "Sony's Xperia X Performance is a confusing phone". Engadget. AOL. Retrieved 25 February 2016.
- "Sony Xperia X Performance specifications". Sony Mobile. 27 February 2016. Retrieved 27 February 2016.
- "Sony Xperia X Performance details". Xperia Blog. 27 February 2016. Retrieved 27 February 2016.
- "Sony Xperia X Performance Specs compared". Sony Xperia. 27 February 2016. Retrieved 27 February 2016.
- Whitwam, Ryan (2016-08-23). "Sony announces Android 7.0 upgrade list—includes the Xperia Z5, Xperia X, and more". Android Police. Illogical Robot LLC. Retrieved 23 August 2016.
- "Xperia X Performance is first Sony handset to get Android 7.0 Nougat". Xperia Blog. 29 November 2016. Retrieved 4 December 2016.
- "Sony Xperia X Performance Single SIM Specifications" (PDF). Sony Mobile. February 2016. Retrieved 2015-02-27. |"TD-LTESO-04H". frequencycheck.com. October 2017. Retrieved 2017-10-12. |"TD-LTE502SO". frequencycheck.com. October 2017. Retrieved 2017-10-12.