This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Southgate Tower in August 2014
|Location||Southgate-Detroit, United States|
|Roof||60.96 m (200.0 ft)|
|Floor count||13 stories|
Southgate Tower is a high-rise office building at 16333 Trenton Road in Southgate, Michigan. Since its completion, it has been the tallest building in the Downriver area of Wayne County, Michigan, as well as the tallest building between Detroit and Toledo, Ohio. A large portion of office space in the building was occupied by PNC Financial Services. Until October 18, 2013, a PNC Bank branch also operated in the building. As of 2016, the entire structure is vacant and its future fate is unknown.
It was initially constructed in 1972 and completed in 1973 by Lincoln Park-based Security Bank to house their headquarters. Since its completion, Southgate Tower's bank tenant has changed, first in the late 1980s to First of America Bank, then in 1997 to National City Bank and finally to PNC in early 2010.
The office building is easily accessible from M-85 (Fort Street), as a driveway connects that road to the building's parking lot. Southgate Tower is easily visible from many locations in Southgate and adjacent communities.
- Architecture of metropolitan Detroit
- List of tallest buildings in Detroit
- Top of Troy, another Detroit-area high-rise office building where PNC operates as the major tenant.
- Zoochi, Laura (October 31, 2013). "SOUTHGATE: Bank closes, consolidates with nearby branch". The News Herald – Serving Southgate, MI. Retrieved December 15, 2014.
The PNC Bank located on Trenton Road near Pennsylvania Road closed Oct. 18.
- "How about doing a "Fabulous Ruins of Downriver Tour?"". DetroitYes.com. April 2010. Retrieved December 15, 2014.
|This article about a building or structure in Michigan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|