Southwest League of Professional Baseball
|No. of teams||4|
|Official website||Official website|
The Southwest League of Professional Baseball is a planned independent professional baseball league scheduled to begin play in spring 2019. The first two announced teams were the Waco BlueCats and the Royse City Griffins followed by the Joplin Miners. The Southwest League plans to play a 112-game schedule with 56 home games and 56 games on the road.
As recently as July 2018 the league has continued to say it would begin operations with six teams. The four teams below have been announced. The Joplin franchise defaulted on their lease with the city for non-payment in January 2019. The league's Joplin, Missouri contract called for a schedule of play and disclosure of the leagues' two other teams by October 15, 2018. The league says this was done but is not being publicly disclosed until details of can be finalized and announced.
|Joplin Miners||2019||Joplin, Missouri||Joe Becker Stadium||4,200|
|Royse City Griffins||2019||Royse City, Texas||Royse City Ballpark|
|Waco BlueCats||2019||Bellmead, Texas||Bellmead Ballpark|
|Dallas SLPB||2019||Dallas, Texas||Reverchon Park|
- "About". Southwest League of Professional Baseball. Retrieved February 7, 2018.
- "Teams". Southwest League Of Professional Baseball. Retrieved April 28, 2018.
- Hanna, Bill; Kennedy, Bud (July 18, 2018). "LaGrave Field just got a new lease on life. Will the Fort Worth Cats play again?". Fort Worth Star-Telegram. Retrieved January 23, 2019.
- Woodin, Debby (January 25, 2019). "Baseball team's organizer defaults on lease". The Joplin Globe. Retrieved March 2, 2019.
- Woodin, Debby (January 17, 2019). "Baseball league misses payment date". The Joplin Globe. Retrieved January 23, 2019.
|This baseball-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|