This is an old revision of this page, as edited by ArbClerkBot at 12:26, 16 July 2019 (Adding links to talk page sections (bot)). The present address (URL) is a permanent link to this revision, which may differ significantly from the .
This noticeboard is for announcements and statements made by the Arbitration Committee. Only members of the Arbitration Committee or the Committee's Clerks may post on this page, but all editors are encouraged to comment on the talk page.
|Announcement archives: 0 · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10· 11· 12|
Open letter to the WMF Board
The Arbitration Committee has sent the following open letter to the WMF Board of Trustees, regarding the WMF ban of Fram.
- Archived discussion at: Wikipedia talk:Arbitration Committee/Noticeboard/Archive 42#Open letter to the WMF Board
Wikipedia:Arbitration/Requests/Case/Reversion of office actions resolved by motion
The Arbitration Committee has accepted the WJBscribe case request under the title Reversion of office actions and resolved it by motion as follows:
- Archived discussion at: Wikipedia talk:Arbitration Committee/Noticeboard/Archive 42#Wikipedia:Arbitration/Requests/Case/Reversion of office actions resolved by motion
Update from the Arbitration Committee
The Committee have received from Trust & Safety (T&S) their detailed report on Fram, with names and identifying information redacted. The Committee are still discussing the report; however we have agreed that the report is sufficiently detailed and minimally redacted such that we can open a case on Fram. The format and scope are yet to be decided, as we are trying to find the appropriate balance between being transparent with our proceedings, and protecting any parties from harassment. We would like to invite open feedback on how best to achieve this balance. We will be accepting additional evidence about Fram's behaviour from the community, however we ask that you please refrain from sending it until we formally open the case. We will keep the community updated with our progress.
- Discuss this at: Wikipedia talk:Arbitration Committee/Noticeboard#Update from the Arbitration Committee
An arbitration case regarding Canadian politics has now closed and the final decision is viewable at the link above. The following remedies have been enacted:
- Curly Turkey is prohibited from editing SNC-Lavalin affair and its talk page for a period of six months. This restriction may be appealed at WP:ARCA after three months.
- Curly Turkey is warned that future violations of Wikipedia's conduct policies and guidelines, including WP:BATTLEGROUND and WP:ASPERSIONS, may result in blocks or bans.
- Curly Turkey, Darryl Kerrigan, Legacypac, Littleolive oil, PavelShk, Safrolic, and SWL36 are admonished for edit warring.
- All editors are reminded to seek dispute resolution and to use appropriate resources, such as the dispute resolution noticeboard, for outside opinions and suggestions for resolving problems.
For the Arbitration Committee, Query me! 03:46, 6 July 2019 (UTC)
- Discuss this at: Wikipedia talk:Arbitration Committee/Noticeboard#Wikipedia:Arbitration/Requests/Case/Canadian politics closed
Motion: Discretionary Sanctions: Awareness and alerts
The following change to discretionary sanctions awareness requirements has been passed and enacted by motion:
- For the arbitration committee, GoldenRing (talk) 12:25, 16 July 2019 (UTC)
- Discuss this at: Wikipedia talk:Arbitration Committee/Noticeboard#Motion: Discretionary Sanctions: Awareness and alerts