Sripada Yellampalli project
|Sripada Yellampalli project|
|Location||Yellampalli (village), Ramagundam Godavarikhani|
|Purpose||Multi-purpose (Ntpc Ramagundam power plant uses & supplies Drinking water to Ramagundam Godavarikhani and Hyderabad cities.|
|Construction began||28 July 2004|
|Opening date||4 August 2016|
|Construction cost||5400 crore rupees|
|Owner(s)||Government of Telangana|
|Dam and spillways|
|Type of dam||Barrage|
|Total capacity||20 tmcft|
Sripada Yellampalli project is an irrigation project located at Yellampalli Village, Ramagundam Rural Mandal, between Peddapalli district (Old Karimnagar district- Mancherial District (Old Adilabad district) in Telangana State, India. The project is fourth largest on the Godavari River in Telangana region. It is named after late legislator, D. Sripada Rao.
Sripada Yellampalli irrigation project foundation was laid by Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh, Y. S. Rajasekhara Reddy on 28 July 2004.
The project is designed to utilize about 63 tmc of water at a cost of Rs. 900 crores in the first phase. In the second phase, about 49.5 tmc would be lifted to the upland regions of Karimnagar, Adilabad, Nizamabad, Warangal and Medak districts. 6 tmc water allotted for NTPC Ramagundam project. After the flood gates are installed, the project could would store about 20 Tmcft of water.
The project operational requirement is 163 MW power and 469 million KWh of electrical energy annually to pump the water. The project would supply water for NTPC power project reservoir in Ramagundam Mandal in Karimnagar. It is started on 2005 near Mormoor and Yellampalli village at Ramagundam and its mainly supplying drinking water to Ramagundam Godavarikhani city and Hyderabad city.
- Sriram Sagar Project
- Medigadda Barrage
- Annaram Barrage
- Sundilla Barrage
- Lower Manair Dam
- Mid Manair Dam
- Kaddam Project
- Upper Manair Dam
- SRSP Flood Flow Canal
- Nizam Sagar
- Pranahita Chevella
- Alisagar lift irrigation scheme
- Sri Komaram Bheem Project
- Devadula lift irrigation scheme
- Icchampally Project
- "Sripada Yellampalli project water for NTPC plant". The Hindu. Retrieved 15 September 2014.
- "Sripad Sagar(Yellampalli) Major Irrigation Project JI00042". Retrieved 15 September 2015.
- "Sripada Yellampalli project by May 2008". The Hindu. Retrieved 15 September 2014.
- "YSR lays stone for Yellampalli project". The Hindu. Retrieved 15 September 2014.
- "White paper sought on Yellampalli". The Hindu. 23 October 2010. Archived from the original on 10 November 2012. Retrieved 15 September 2014.
- "Trial run for supply of water to NTPC in Nov". The Hindu. 16 August 2010. Archived from the original on 3 February 2011. Retrieved 15 September 2014.
|This water supply–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|