St. George Township, Benton County, Minnesota
St. George Township
|• Total||36.7 sq mi (95.1 km2)|
|• Land||36.6 sq mi (94.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.08 sq mi (0.2 km2)|
|Elevation||1,109 ft (338 m)|
|• Density||32/sq mi (12.2/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||0665511|
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 36.7 square miles (95.1 km2), of which 36.6 square miles (94.9 km2) is land and 0.077 square miles (0.2 km2), or 0.17%, is water.
- Gilmanton Township (north)
- Glendorado Township (east)
- Santiago Township, Sherburne County (southeast)
- Palmer Township, Sherburne County (south)
- Haven Township, Sherburne County (southwest)
- Minden Township (west)
- Mayhew Lake Township (northwest)
As of the census of 2000, there were 924 people, 312 households, and 253 families residing in the township. The population density was 25.2 people per square mile (9.7/km²). There were 317 housing units at an average density of 8.6/sq mi (3.3/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 99.24% White, 0.32% Native American, 0.11% Asian, 0.22% Pacific Islander, and 0.11% from two or more races.
There were 312 households out of which 41.0% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 72.1% were married couples living together, 5.8% had a female householder with no husband present, and 18.9% were non-families. 15.1% of all households were made up of individuals and 7.1% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.96 and the average family size was 3.28.
In the township the population was spread out with 29.5% under the age of 18, 8.2% from 18 to 24, 27.6% from 25 to 44, 23.7% from 45 to 64, and 10.9% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 34 years. For every 100 females, there were 112.4 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 111.4 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $50,694, and the median income for a family was $53,750. Males had a median income of $31,528 versus $24,167 for females. The per capita income for the township was $20,857. About 3.0% of families and 4.8% of the population were below the poverty line, including 9.4% of those under age 18 and 6.5% of those age 65 or over.
- United States National Atlas
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States Board on Geographic Names (GNIS)
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): St. George township, Benton County, Minnesota". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved January 17, 2014.
- Upham, Warren (1920). Minnesota Geographic Names: Their Origin and Historic Significance. Minnesota Historical Society. p. 51.