St Leonards TMD
The depot sheds, adjacent to the main line
|Location||Bulverhythe, East Sussex|
|Owner(s)||St Leonards Railway Engineering|
|Depot code(s)||SE (1973 -)|
|Type||Diesel, DMU, DEMU, EMU|
|Former depot code(s)|
St Leonards TMD is a Traction Maintenance Depot located in Bulverhythe, East Sussex, England. The depot is situated on the East Coastway Line and is on the north side of the line between Bexhill and St Leonards Warrior Square railway stations.
The depot code is SE.
The depot was opened in March 1957 as a DEMU depot. From 1963 to 1967, Class 33 locomotives could be seen at the depot. The depot was electrified in 1986. In 1987, the depot had an allocation of Classes 203, 205, 206 and 207 DEMUs and Class 411 EMUs. By 2010, it was used for servicing Class 377 EMUs.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to St Leonards TMD.|
- "The all-time guide to UK Shed and Depot Codes" (PDF). TheRailwayCentre.com. 5 May 2006. Archived from the original (PDF) on 17 December 2013. Retrieved 19 August 2016.
- Marsden 1987, p. 97
- Webster, Greengrass & Greaves 1987, p. 68
- Smith & Stuart 2010, p. 91
- "Locomotive Depots: St Leonards (Allocation)". BRDatabase. Retrieved 11 January 2017.
- "Hastings Diesels Limited - Comings & goings at St. Leonards Depot (part 1)". Hastings Diesels Ltd. Retrieved 11 January 2017.
- Marsden, Colin J. (1987). BR Depots. Motive power recognition. 6. Ian Allan Ltd. ISBN 9780711017191. OCLC 18685680.
- Smith, Paul; Stuart, Philip (2010). Railway Depots. Ian Allan Ltd. ISBN 9780711034822. OCLC 528397749.
- Webster, Neil; Greengrass, Robert; Greaves, Simon (1987). British Rail Depot Directory. Metro Enterprises Ltd. ISBN 9780947773076. OCLC 20420397.