Stacey Pheffer Amato
Stacey Pheffer Amato
|Member of the New York Assembly from the 23rd District|
|Assumed office |
January 1, 2017
|Preceded by||Phillip Goldfeder|
|Born||March 19, 1966|
Far Rockaway, Queens
|Alma mater||SUNY Oneonta (B.S.)|
Stacey Pheffer Amato (born March 19, 1966) is a member of the New York State Assembly, representing the 23rd district, which includes portions of Queens. A Democrat, Pheffer Amato was first elected in 2016.
Pheffer Amato was born in Rockaway, Queens. Prior to holding office, she worked as an education paraprofessional for the New York City Department of Education and as a procurement analyst for the FDNY and the New York City Department of Sanitation. She holds a bachelor's degree in business economics from the State University of New York at Oneonta. She has been an active member of the Rockaway Beach Civic Association for years and is a committee member of the NY Rising Community Reconstruction Program, which is tasked with overseeing the state's recovery efforts from Hurricane Sandy.
In 2016, Assemblymember Phillip Goldfeder announced abruptly that he would retire. Pheffer Amato soon after announced soon after that she would seek the Democratic nomination. With support from the Queens County Democratic Party, she was unopposed in the primary. She defeated Republican Alan N. Zwirn in the 2016 general election, 68% to 32%, to take the seat. She was easily re-elected in 2018.
In the Assembly, she is the Chair on the Subcommittee on Child Product Safety. Her mother, Queens County Clerk Audrey Pheffer, previously held this Assembly seat. Upon Pheffer Amato's election, they became the first mother-daughter team to hold the same seat in the New York State Legislature.
Pheffer Amato and her husband, Frank, live in Rockaway Beach with their two children.
- "Whoa, we're more than halfway there - Queens Chronicle". Retrieved 2017-01-16.
- "Addabbo joins calls for familial DNA testing - TimesLedger". Retrieved 2017-01-16.
- "Katz Endorses Stacy Pheffer Amato For Assembly". Retrieved 2017-01-16.
- "Our Campaigns - NY Assembly 23 Race - Nov 08, 2016". Retrieved 2017-01-16.
- "Our Campaigns - NY Assembly 23 Race - Nov 06, 2018". www.ourcampaigns.com. Retrieved 2019-02-07.
- "Welcoming a Pheffer back into politics". Queens Chronicle. Retrieved 2019-02-07.
- "Meet The Candidate: Stacey Pheffer Amato". Retrieved 2017-01-16.
- New York State Assemblymember Stacey Pheffer Amato official site