Standard Chartered Zambia
|Public: LUSE: SCBL|
|Founded||January 1, 1906|
|Headquarters||Cairo Road, Lusaka, Zambia|
|Dr Caleb M Fundanga|
Managing Director & CEO
|Products||Loans, Checking, Savings, Investments, Debit Cards|
|Revenue||Aftertax:ZMW:284.5 million (US$28.8 million) (2017)|
|Total assets||ZMW:8.851 billion (US$893.8 million) (2017)|
|Owner||Standard Chartered (0.9)|
Number of employees
Standard Chartered Zambia, officially Standard Chartered Bank Zambia Plc, is a commercial bank in Zambia and a subsidiary of Standard Chartered. It is licensed by the Bank of Zambia, the central bank and national banking regulator.
Stanchart Zambia is a large bank, serving large corporate clients, upscale retail customers and medium to large business enterprises. It is one of the largest commercial banks in Zambia, by assets. As of 31 December 2017, the total asset valuation of the bank was ZMW:8.851 billion (US$893.8 million), with shareholders' equity of ZMW:873.5 million (US$88.2 million).
Stanchart Zambia is a subsidiary of the Standard Chartered Bank, an International financial services conglomerate, headquartered in London in the United Kingdom, with operations in more than sixty countries and a network of over 1,700 branches, employing in excess of 86,000 people. The stock of Standard Chartered is listed on London Stock Exchange, Hong Kong Stock Exchange, Bombay Stock Exchange and National Stock Exchange in India.
|Rank||Name of Owner||Percentage Ownership|
|1||Standard Chartered Holdings (Africa) BV1||90.00|
|2||Others via the Lusaka Stock Exchange||10.00|
- Head Office: Standard Chartered House, Cairo Road, Lusaka
- Lusaka Main Branch: Lusaka
- Crossroads Branch: Crossroads, Lusaka
- Kabulonga Branch: Kabulonga Shopping Center, Lusaka
- Levy Mall Branch: Levy Mall, Lusaka
- Manda Hill Branch: Manda Hill, Lusaka
- UNZA Branch: Main Campus, University of Zambia, Lusaka
- Northend Branch: North End, Cairo Road, Lusaka
- United Nations Agency Branch: United Nations Mission Building, Lusaka
- Industrial Branch: Industrial Area, Lusaka
- Chililabombwe Branch: Chililabombwe
- Chingola Branch: Chingola
- Jacaranda Branch: Jacaranda Mall, Ndola>
- Luanshya Branch: Luanshya
- Kitwe Branch: Zambia Way, Kitwe
- Choma Branch: Choma
- Livingstone Branch: Livingstone
- Mazabuka Branch: Mazabuka
- Kasama Branch: Kasama
- Mongu Branch: Mongu
- Solwezi Branch: Solwezi
- Kalumbila Branch: Solwezi.
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Managing Director of Standard Chartered Bank (Zambia) is Herman Kizito Kasekende, appointed in February 2017. Kasekende s a native of Uganda, who has been with the Standard Chartered Bank Group since 1998. He previously served as the CEO and Managing Director of Standard Chartered Uganda. He has also worked for Standard Chartered in Kenya and Singapore.
- Mark Keith Muhumuza (20 February 2017). "Kasekende to head Standard Chartered Bank in Zambia". Daily Monitor. Kampala. Retrieved 2 May 2018.
- Stanchart Zambia (28 February 2018). "Standard Chartered Zambia Annual Report for the Year Ended 31 December 2017" (PDF). Lusaka: Standard Chartered Zambia Limited. Retrieved 3 May 2018.
- Bank of Zambia (2 May 2018). "List of Licensed Commercial Banks in Zambia". Lusaka: Bank of Zambia. Retrieved 2 May 2018.
- Lusaka Stock Exchange (3 May 2018). "The Companies Listed on the Lusaka Stock Exchange". Lusaka: Lusaka Stock Exchange. Retrieved 3 May 2018.
- Standard Chartered (3 May 2018). "About Standard Chartered Bank". London: Standard Chartered. Retrieved 3 May 2018.