|No. 72, 66|
|Born:||January 11, 1982|
|Height:||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight:||323 lb (147 kg)|
|High school:||Saint Stanislaus (MS)|
|NFL Draft:||2004 / Round: 3 / Pick: 83|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Player stats at PFR|
Stephen Frederick Peterman (born January 11, 1982) is a former American football guard in the National Football League for the Dallas Cowboys and Detroit Lions. He played college football at Louisiana State University.
Peterman attended Saint Stanislaus College in Bay St. Louis, Mississippi, where he was an All-state and a two-time All-district selection at tight end. As a senior, he posted 14 receptions for 150 yards and one touchdown. He also lettered in basketball.
As a sophomore, he was converted into a left guard, starting 12 games and allowing only one sack. As a junior, he again allowed one sack. As a senior, he was moved to right guard and allowed one sack.
He started 35 out of his 48 career games (25 starts at left guard) and was a part of the 2003 national championship team.
Peterman was selected by the Dallas Cowboys in the third round (83rd overall) of the 2004 NFL Draft. As a rookie, he broke a finger at the start of training camp, before tearing the ACL and MCL of his right knee in the last game of the pre-season (while playing special teams), which placed him on the injured reserve list on September 3.
Peterman was part of a string of unsuccessful offensive lineman selections made by the Cowboys in the first rounds of the draft: Al Johnson (2003), Jacob Rogers (2004). He struggled with injuries during his two years with the Cowboys.
On October 17, 2006, the Detroit Lions signed him to their practice squad and was activated for the last three games (2 starts) of the year. He became the team's starting right guard in 2007. The next year, he was inactive in 2 games because of a hand injury.
New York Jets
- "Transactions". Retrieved February 19, 2018.
- "Lions sign Stephen Peterman to long-term deal". Retrieved February 19, 2018.
- "Lions continue cap purge". Retrieved February 19, 2018.
- Orr, Conor (27 April 2013). "Jets sign G Stephen Peterman to one-year deal". The Star-Ledger. Archived from the original on 27 April 2013. Retrieved April 27, 2018.
- Jets Staff (26 August 2013). "Jets Release 14 Players". New York Jets. Archived from the original on 26 August 2013. Retrieved August 26, 2018.