Montez Ford (left) and Angelo Dawkins (right) in May 2017
|Name(s)||Angelo Dawkins and Kenneth Crawford|
The Street Profits
|Billed heights||Dawkins: 6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
Ford: 6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)
|492 lb (223 kg)|
Dawkins: 260 lbs (118 kg)
Ford: 232 lb (105 kg)
|Debut||March 16, 2016|
They started their team in WWE's developmental brand NXT and held one-time the NXT Tag Team Championship. As part of a working relationship between NXT and Evolve, they held the Evolve Tag Team Championship once.
The team of Angelo Dawkins and Kenneth Crawford debuted on the March 16, 2016 episode of NXT, (taped on January 21), where they were defeated by The Hype Bros. The team would continue to work at house shows.
On the August 9, 2017, episode of NXT, now known as the Street Profits, they made their return by defeating The Metro Brothers. At this time, Kenneth Crawford was renamed Montez Ford. Street Profits would go on a winning streak, defeating the likes of The Ealy Twins, Riddick Moss and Tino Sabbatelli, and local wrestlers. On January 17, 2018, Street Profits suffered their first loss to The Authors of Pain, failing to win the NXT Tag Team Championship. Later on, they entered the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic, where they would defeat Heavy Machinery in the first round, but were eliminated by The Authors of Pain in the semifinals. The Street Profits once again entered the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic in 2019, but were defeated by Moustache Mountain in the first round.
On the May 1, 2019 episode of NXT, Viking Raiders vacated the NXT Tag Team Championship, but were immediately challenged by Street Profits. The match ended in a disqualification after The Forgotten Sons and Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch got involved. A four-way tag team ladder match for the NXT Tag Team Championship was later scheduled for NXT TakeOver: XXV between Street Profits, Lorcan and Burch, The Forgotten Sons, and The Undisputed Era. At NXT TakeOver: XXV, they won the NXT Tag Team Championship for the first time. On the July 10 episode of NXT, Street Profits made their first successful title defense against Lorcan and Burch. On the August 15 tapings of NXT, they lost the NXT Tag Team Championship to O'Reilly and Fish.
Starting on July 1, The Street Profits started appearing on WWE Raw doing various backstage segments, a move that was said to be done in order to appeal to younger audiences. It was clarified by Dave Meltzer that the team were still NXT wrestlers and that this was not an official move to Raw. On October 11, during the WWE Draft, the Street Profits were drafted to Raw, officially bringing them to the brand. On the October 21 edition of Raw, the Street Profits defeated Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson in their debut match.
On October 26, 2018, it was announced that Street Profits would make their first appearance at Evolve. At Evolve 114, Street Profits won the Evolve Tag Team Championship by defeating The Doom Patrol. They would successfully defend the titles against the likes of The WorkHorsemen, AR Fox and Leon Ruff, Austin Theory and Harlem Bravado, and The Skulk. At Evolve 123, they lost the titles to The Unwanted. They made their final Evolve appearance at Evolve 124 on March 16, 2019, teaming with Velveteen Dream to defeat The Unwanted in a six-man tag team match.
Angelo Dawkins is from Fairfield, Ohio and was an amateur wrestler at Harper College. Montez Ford is from Chicago, Illinois and served time in the United States Marine Corps. He is married to fellow professional wrestler Bianca Belair, who competes in NXT.
Championships and accomplishments
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated
- Coyle, Sean. "NXT TakeOver: Philadelphia comes into focus as Authors of Pain and Shayna Baszler secure title shots". ESPN.com. ESPN. Retrieved 3 June 2019.
- Moore, John (May 15, 2019). "5/15 NXT TV results: Moore's live review of the Viking Raiders addressing their future as NXT Tag Champions, Kushida vs. Kona Reeves, Keith Lee vs. Cezar Bononi, Jessie vs. Vanessa Borne". Pro Wrestling Dot Net. Retrieved May 16, 2019.
- Barrasso, Justin. "Paul 'Triple H' Levesque Breaks Down NXT TakeOver XXV". SI.com. Sports Illustrated. Retrieved 3 June 2019.
- Elfring, Matt (August 7, 2019). "WWE 2K20: All The Playable Wrestlers On The Roster". Gamespot. Retrieved August 11, 2019.
- Varsallone, Jim (July 27, 2018). "All roads lead to gold for these Street Profits of WWE NXT". Miami Herald. Retrieved 2019-06-02.
- "Pro Wrestling Illustrated (PWI) 500 for 2017". The Internet Wrestling Database. Retrieved August 31, 2017.
- "Pro Wrestling Illustrated (PWI) 500 for 2018". The Internet Wrestling Database. Retrieved June 3, 2019.
- Clapp, John (October 29, 2018). "Fabian Aichner wins EVOLVE Championship, Street Profits claim EVOLVE Tag Team Titles". WWE.
- Official NXT Tag Team Championship Title History