This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|First appearance||Infinity #1 (October 2013)|
|Created by||Jonathan Hickman|
|Team affiliations||Black Order|
Fictional character biography
In the search for Thanos' son Thane during the Infinity storyline, Supergiant and Corvus Glaive laid siege to the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning and easily defeated the X-Men. They left after realizing that Thane was not there.
When the Black Order seized Wakanda, Supergiant was left in control of Black Bolt who she would mentally order to activate the Illuminati's hidden bombs in Wakanda's Necropolis. When the Illuminati arrived to save Black Bolt, Supergiant used Black Bolt's ability to defeat the heroes. Upon activating the bomb, Supergiant was faced by Maximus who had the trigger. Maximus triggered the bomb, but also used Lockjaw to transport Supergiant along with the bomb to a distant uninhabited planet where she perished in the explosion.
During the "No Surrender" arc, Supergiant came back as a psychic projection, along with the rest of the Black Order, thanks to the Challenger who had set them up against Grandmaster's Lethal Legion. During the battle in Antarctica, the Black Order retreat after Corvus Glaive is killed. Supergiant stays to take control of Thor, but is dissipated by Lethal Legion member Ferene the Other.
Powers and abilities
Supergiant has telepathic abilities that allow her to mind-control anyone and feed on their intellect.
In other media
- Supergiant appears in Avengers Assemble, voiced by Hynden Walch. She is seen in the episodes "New Frontier" and "Avengers World".
- Supergiant appears in Guardians of the Galaxy, voiced again by Hynden Walch. In the episode "Undercover Angle", the Nova Corps had previously apprehended Supergiant at the time when the Guardians of the Galaxy were infiltrating the Nova Corps HQ posing as Nova Corpsman. When Supergiant was accidentally released, she fought Star-Lord, Drax the Destroyer, Rocket Raccoon, and Groot until she was knocked out by Gamora. In the episode "Come and Gut Your Love", Supergiant works with Star-Lord's other ex-girlfriend Lucy in order to attack Star-Lord after it's discovered that the latter is Emperor J'son's son.
- Supergiant appears as a mini-boss in Marvel: Avengers Alliance.
- Supergiant appears as a boss and unlockable playable character in Marvel Future Fight.
- Supergiant appears as a playable character in the Infinity War DLC for Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2.
- Supergiant appears as a boss in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order, voiced again by Hynden Walch.
- Infinity #1. Marvel Comics.
- New Avengers vol. 3 #9. Marvel Comics.
- Infinity #5
- Infinity #6. Marvel Comics.
- Avengers #676. Marvel Comics.
- The Avengers #680. Marvel Comics
- "Supergiant Voice - Marvel Universe franchise | Behind The Voice Actors". behindthevoiceactors.com. Retrieved July 19, 2019. Check mark indicates role has been confirmed using screenshots of closing credits and other reliable sources.
- Fahey, Mike (August 23, 2013). "Maybe Avengers Alliance Can Make Sense Of Marvel's Infinity Event". Kotaku. Retrieved April 29, 2018.