Sure Thing (Miguel song)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Single by Miguel|
|from the album All I Want Is You|
|Released||January 17, 2011|
|Genre||R&B, neo soul|
|Miguel singles chronology|
"Sure Thing" is a song by American recording artist Miguel. Written by himself and produced by Happy Perez, the song is included on his debut album, All I Want Is You (2010). It was first leaked onto YouTube in 2008. It was sent to radio as the album's second single in January 2011. The R&B song features neo soul influences, and had been noted for its similarities to the work of singer, Jon B. It has thus far achieved moderate success in the United States but has since atopped on the US R&B charts. "Sure Thing" marks Miguel's first number-one hit on the Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart and was his most successful single to date, until "Adorn's" release in 2012, spending over fifty weeks on the charts and still charting.
As of July 2013, the song has sold 1,106,000 copies in the US.
Music and lyrics
Lyrically, Miguel uses analogies to express his love interest, such as "You are the chalk / And I could be your blackboard" and "If I'm the lyric baby / You could be the note".
The official remix features rapper Pusha T.
|United States (RIAA)||3× Platinum||3,000,000|
*sales figures based on certification alone
|United States||January 17, 2011||Urban contemporary radio||Jive Records|
- Paul Grein (July 31, 2013). "Week Ending July 28, 2013. Songs: Radio Hesitates On One Direction". Chart Watch. Yahoo.
- Wayne, Lil. "WeezyThanxYou". Sorry 4 the Wait. Young Money. Retrieved 13 July 2011.
- "Miguel Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard. Retrieved January 3, 2015.
- "Miguel Chart History (Adult R&B Songs)". Billboard. Retrieved January 3, 2015.
- "Miguel Chart History (Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs)". Billboard. Retrieved January 3, 2015.
- "Miguel Chart History (Rhythmic)". Billboard. Retrieved January 3, 2015.
- "Best of 2011: Hot 100 Songs". Billboard. Retrieved December 9, 2011.
- "American single certifications – Miguel – Sure Thing". Recording Industry Association of America. Retrieved February 21, 2019. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH.
|This 2010s R&B/soul music song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|