Neighbourhood in Haldia municipality
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Tamluk|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Haldia|
|Cities and towns in Haldia subdivision of Purba Medinipur district|
M: municipal city/ town, CT: census town, R: rural/ urban centre, S: port
Owing to space constraints in the small map, the actual locations in a larger map may vary slightly
CD block HQ
The headquarters of the Sutahata CD block is located at Sutahata.
Sutahata police station has jurisdiction over Sutahata CD block. Sutahata police station covers an area of 125 km2 with a population of 120,000. Sutahata PS is located in village Sutahata in Ward No. 1 of Haldia municipality.
79.19% of the population of Haldia subdivision live in the rural areas. Only 20.81% of the population live in the urban areas, and that is the highest proportion of urban population amongst the four subdivisions in Purba Medinipur district.
Note: The map alongside presents some of the notable locations in the subdivision. All places marked in the map are linked in the larger full screen map.
The Haldia-Tamluk-Mecheda Road passes through Sutahata.
Amlat Block Primary Health Centre at Sutahata (with 10 beds) is the main medical facility in Sutahata CD block. There are primary health centres at Joynagar, PO Dorojoynagar (with 6 beds) and Begunberia, PO Golapchak (with 10 beds).
- "District Census Handbook: Purba Medinipur" (PDF). Map of Purba Medinipur with CD Block HQs and Police Stations. Directorate of Census Operations, West Bengal, 2011. Retrieved 9 November 2016.
- "District Statistical Handbook 2014 Purba Medinipur". Tables 2.1, 2.2. Department of Statistics and Programme Implementation, Government of West Bengal. Archived from the original on 29 July 2017. Retrieved 10 November 2016.
- "Sutahata PS". Purba Medinipur District Police. Retrieved 10 November 2016.
- "District Statistical Handbook 2014 Purba Medinipur". Table 2.2. Department of Planning and Statistics, Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 21 April 2019.
- Google maps
- Google maps
- Kharagpur-Howrah Local 38606 Indiarailinfo
- Howrah-Haldia Local 68689 ⇒ 38089 Indiarailinfo
- Santragachi-Digha EMU 78001 ⇒ 68687 Indiarailinfo
- "38089 Howrah-Haldia Local". Time Table. indiarailinfo. Retrieved 10 November 2016.
- "Health & Family Welfare Department". Health Statistics. Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 27 March 2019.
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Haldia.|
|This article about a location in West Bengal is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|