TLC (Australian TV channel)
|Owned by||Discovery Networks Asia Pacific|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV 16:9)|
|Audience share||0.4% (February 2008, )|
|Slogan||Life that is Anything, But Ordinary!|
|Broadcast area||Australia & New Zealand|
|Formerly called||Discovery Travel & Adventure |
(before 1 October 2005)
Discovery Travel & Living
(1 October 2005 – 1 September 2010)
|Sister channel(s)||Animal Planet|
|Timeshift service||TLC+2 (Australia only)|
|Foxtel (Australia)||Channel 130|
Channel 166 (+2)
|SKY Network Television (New Zealand)||Channel 16|
|Foxtel/Optus (Australia)||Channel 130|
Channel 166 (+2)
|TransACT (Australia)||Channel 308|
|Vodafone InHome TV (New Zealand)||Channel 16|
|Foxtel Go||Channel 130|
TLC, also known as the Travel and Living Channel (formerly Discovery Travel & Adventure and Discovery Travel & Living) is an Australian television channel owned by Discovery Networks Asia Pacific. It launched in 2004 and currently consists of programming derived from the U.S. version of TLC.
The channel launched as Discovery Travel & Adventure in 2004. In October 2005, it rebranded as Discovery Travel & Living, using programming from that branch of Discovery Communications. It was formerly available on SelecTV from March 2007 until the closure of its English service in late 2010. On 1 September 2010, Discovery Travel & Living rebranded as the Travel and Living Channel, or TLC. Unlike the channel TLC in the United States whose acronym originally stood for The Learning Channel, the TLC service in Australia is an acronym for Travel and Living Channel. The channel also converted to 16:9 aspect ratio during the conversion. Over time, it took on programming from the American TLC brand.
On 3 November 2014, TLC's sister channel Discovery Home & Health closed and was replaced with Discovery Kids. As a result, a variety of Home & Health's programming moved to TLC. In addition, Foxtel moved TLC from channel 646 to channel 130, and TLC+2 from channel 647 to channel 166.  On 1 September 2015 Sky TV New Zealand will launch TLC on Sky 016 as part of a wider reshuffle of Sky Channels  Say Yes to the Dress: Australia, an international adaptation of the Say Yes to the Dress format from the United States, featuring couture wedding gown designer Adam Dixon, will become the first local production on the channel when it debuts in 2016.
- Addington, Tim (15 March 2007). "SelecTV adds five Discovery channels to platform". B&T Weekly. Archived from the original on 24 July 2012. Retrieved 16 November 2010.
- Chessell, James (20 August 2010). "Bruce Gordon's SelecTV to make changes". The Australian. Retrieved 20 August 2010.
- "Discovery: Travel and Living to re-brand as TLC:TV Tonight". 'David Knox'. Retrieved 23 August 2010.
- "The Brand New World of Discovery Networks is just AWESOME!" (PDF) (Press release). Discovery Networks Asia-Pacific. 9 October 2014. Retrieved 17 October 2014.
- "Finding Your Channels" (PDF) (Press release). Foxtel. Retrieved 21 October 2014.
- "Find Us". tlcchannel.com.au. TLC Australia. Retrieved 18 February 2015.
- Knox, David (30 May 2016). "Auditions: Say Yes To The Dress: Australia". TV Tonight. Retrieved 30 May 2016.