|Starring||Kathi Norris (host)|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Original release||November 1, 1948 –|
December 1, 1950
TV Shopper, also known as Your Television Shopper or The Kathi Norris Show, was an early American daytime television series which aired on the DuMont Television Network at 10:30 am ET from November 1, 1948 to December 1, 1950.
The show was hosted by Kathi Norris, also host of DuMont's Spin the Picture, and was an early example of a TV shopping show. Johnny Stearns recalled that his wife Mary Kay had received an offer to be a model for this or a similar program, but, at his request, refused and instead did television's first sitcom, Mary Kay and Johnny.
As with most DuMont Network programs, no episodes of TV Shopper are known to survive today.
- List of programs broadcast by the DuMont Television Network
- List of surviving DuMont Television Network broadcasts
- 1948-1949 United States network television schedule (weekday)
- 1949-1950 United States network television schedule (weekday)
- Billboard (November 13, 1948)
- IMDB entry
- DuMont historical website Archived 2011-10-06 at the Wayback Machine
- Mary Kay Stearns, 93, a Star of One of TV’s Earliest Shows, Dies
- David Weinstein, The Forgotten Network: DuMont and the Birth of American Television (Philadelphia: Temple University Press, 2004) ISBN 1-59213-245-6
- Alex McNeil, Total Television, Fourth edition (New York: Penguin Books, 1980) ISBN 0-14-024916-8
- Tim Brooks and Earle Marsh, The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network TV Shows, Third edition (New York: Ballantine Books, 1964) ISBN 0-345-31864-1
|This article about a non-fiction television series is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|