|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Infinity Gems article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|WikiProject Comics / Marvel / Films||(Rated C-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject Film||(Rated C-class)|
Infinity War plot details
As it happens, I've seen "Avengers: Infinity War", and I know the stuff about the Soul Stone is accurate. And I know Wikipedia doesn't do spoiler warnings per WP:SPOILER, 'but' publishing plot details for a work that is not yet publicly available does violate WP:V, as the details are essentially unverifiable. On a personal note: I profoundly dislike whoever added these spoilers. But on a policy level, they are clearly not appropriate to include in the article until they are verifiable with public materials. Kindly refrain from adding them until Friday. Juansmith (talk) 22:07, 25 April 2018 (UTC)
Split for MCU
I see that a "split section" tag was added for the MCU version of the Infinity Stones, but no discussion was started. I am personally not seeing a need to split these into a separate article. 126.96.36.199 (talk) 13:47, 29 April 2018 (UTC)
- Agreed. This section does not have to be split off. - Favre1fan93 (talk) 17:54, 29 April 2018 (UTC)
- While there is some coverage of them that could indicate notability, there isn't really any interesting or in depth commentary so to say, so I'd agree that it would be rather pointless to split it.★Trekker (talk) 18:45, 29 April 2018 (UTC)
Suggestion: Name Change
Perhaps this page should be moved to the name of "Infinity Stones", as the popularity of the Marvel Cinematic Universe has caused them to be referred to as 'stones' rather than their previous name, 'gems'.
- WP:RECENTISM would most likely apply. - Favre1fan93 (talk) 18:23, 26 June 2018 (UTC)
With the growing number of MCU films and the culmination of the series based on the infinity gems, I've drafted a table to show their appearances in the films here and was curious if it would be worth it to include it somewhere, either here or on another page. Let me know your thoughts.
- I don't know why we'd need to present that sort of tracking for the readers. That seems like something better suited for a fan wikia than Wikipedia. - Favre1fan93 (talk) 03:15, 17 December 2018 (UTC)
- In order to make an argument for such a table or a similar list, WP:LISTN should be satisfied to avoid WP:OR. I could find this reference  that might be a useful citation because it lists the appearances (I couldn't find anything else similar). If the section is split from the article (it's a very notable aspect of the Infinity Saga), this table is justifiable. wumbolo ^^^ 22:18, 26 April 2019 (UTC)