Talk:List of NCAA conferences
|WikiProject Sports||(Rated List-class, Low-importance)|
Is the Liga Atletica Interuniversitaria really an NCAA conference? I can't find anything that suggests that it is. I'm going to go ahead and remove it, but feel free to add it back if I was wrong. BDota (talk) 18:44, 10 June 2010 (UTC)
- The Liga Atlética Interuniversitaria de Puerto Rico is an athletic conference, BUT not affiliated within the [NCAA]]. Most schools of the LAI like the University of Puerto Rico at Río Piedras compete in the NCAA as Division II Independents, although not being affiliated. jlog3000 (talk) 16:15, 18 September 2012 (UTC)
Proposal to make timelines more consistent
I noticed that conferences in List of NCAA conferences have articles, usually including a membership timeline. While some of the decisions made for each conference make some sense, there is a wide variety of styles for the various timelines, particularly involving color choices, but also other matters of style that could be more consistent.
for example, a school with a yellow bar means:
- An associate member in one sport (if part of the BE)
- A former member of the conference (in the SEC)
- A future member of the conference (in the SEC and Big West)
- A football only member (in the Sun Belt)
- A team that has moved to another conference (in the WAC, NEC)
- A full member of the Big Sky
Some graphs have captions, some do not, and none are centered. To see the variety of styles, review Current conference timelines
I think it would be worth discussing how best to provide some measure of consistency, recognizing that there may be legitimate reasons for some differences from a standard presentation (for example, some conferences show the name of the new conference for former members. In some cases, this makes sense, in other, it may not.)
I've produced a draft of how the timelines would look with some consistency added. Please see Draft proposal of conference timelines.
I propose a discussion to see if there is consensus on improving the consistency.
Because it would not be practical to have this discussion on each and every conference talk page, I suggest centralizing thie discussion at the Talk page of Project College football SPhilbrick(Talk) 01:28, 11 March 2012 (UTC)
- Football? Powers T 15:38, 15 March 2012 (UTC)
Discussion about overview maps for US collegiate athletic conferences
A discussion on the Project College Football talk page has been created to discuss the proper format of the overview maps that are used for the US collegiate athletic conference pages.
If you're interested, please join the discussion here: Athletic conference overview maps and their lack of consistency