9 Peacevale Road
|School district||Boston Public Schools|
|Headmaster||Keith Love Nora Vernazza|
Founded in 2002, TechBoston Academy (TBA) is a pilot school located in Dorchester, Massachusetts that offers a college preparatory curriculum to students in grades 6–12. TBA immerses its 1,050 students to a wide span of technological resources such as laptops, Smartboards, PDAs, digital cameras, Google Apps for Education, and podcasting. TBA offers advanced courses that utilize this technology and cover topics such as digital art, Adobe graphic design applications, computer programming, and E-commerce.
On March 8, 2011, Barack Obama visited TechBoston to speak on winning the future through education. In his speech, President Obama stated:
“Every day, TechBoston is proving that no matter who you are, or what you look like, or where you come from, every child can learn. Every child can succeed. And every child deserves that chance.” 
In 2006, 92% of the first graduating class went to college as compared to 63% of Boston Public School students. The 54 members of the class of 2006 received just over $1,000,000 in scholarships and financial aid. In 2010, 93% of the graduating class went to college as compared to 61% of Boston Public School students. The 66 members of the class of 2010 received over $2,000,000 in scholarships and financial aid.
In 2012, 100% of TechBoston Academy 10th grade students (tested) passed the English Language Arts MCAS, compared to the BPS district average of 95%. TBA 10th graders also scored higher than the BPS average in 2012 on both the Mathematics and Science/Tech MCAS exams. Ninety-two percent of graduating seniors in 2012 entered post-secondary education, with 66.7% attending four-year colleges.
- 89.2% of students enrolled at TBA are either African American or Hispanic.
- 23% of students are classified as "students with disabilities."
- 22.9% of students are classified as "English language learners." 
- There are approximately 97 teachers at TBA, 90% of which are licensed in teaching assignment.
- Student/Teacher Ratio: 10.2 to 1 
- Approximately 82% of TBA students score proficient or higher on the MCAS English Language Arts section. .
- Approximately 62% of TBA students score proficient or higher on the MCAS Mathematics section.
- Approximately 37% of TBA students score proficient or higher on the MCAS Science & Technology section.
- "Tech Boston Academy". Boston Public Schools. Retrieved July 16, 2014.
- "President Obama on Education at TechBoston". The White House. Archived from the original on 2016-11-11. Retrieved 2016-04-30.
- "TechBoston Academy (00350657)". School/District Profiles. Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education. Retrieved April 30, 2016.
|This Massachusetts school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|