Tehreek-e-Azaadi Jammu and Kashmir
Tehreek-e-Azaadi Jammu and Kashmir (तहरीक-ए-आज़ादी जम्मू और कश्मीर) abbreviated as TAJK is a terrorist front organisation, run by Hafiz Muhammad Saeed. By Indian government, It is claimed to be a front for Jamaat-ud-Dawa (JuD). In June 2017, it was banned by Pakistan after India raised the issue at the Financial Action Task Force (FATF), a global anti-financial terror body at Paris in February 2017. On 8 June 2017, TAJK was placed on the list of "proscribed organisations" by the National Counter Terrorism Authority (NCTA), an Internal Counterterrorism Authority of Pakistan under Interior Ministry.
- All Parties Hurriyat Conference
- Kashmir conflict
- al Qaeda
- List of designated terrorist organizations
- Hussain, Sajjad (4 February 2017). "JuD rebrands under new name TAJK days after crackdown by Pakistan". Livemint.
- Kaur Sandhu, Kamaljit (6 June 2017). "Kashmir: High alert around Uri power plant after intel inputs of possible terror plot". India Today.
- "Pakistan bans Hafiz Saeed-backed terror outfit Tehreek-e-Azadi-Jammu and Kashmir". Scroll.in. 30 June 2017.
- Chaubey, Santosh (30 June 2017). "Pakistan bans Hafiz Saeed new terror front Tehreek-e-Azad-Jammu Kashmir". India Today.
- Singh, Vijaita (29 June 2017). "Pakistan bans TAJK backed by Saeed". The Hindu.
|This article about a criminal organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This terrorism-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|