Template talk:Military of India
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Military of India template.
|WikiProject India||(Rated Template-class)|
I added Operation Woodrose to this template and it was reverted. I didn't realize this was controversial and that is why I added it before posting on the talk page. BilCat brought it to my attention that the Military of India denies the operation occurred, so I hoped someone could provide a reliable source for that. I think the issue over inclusion might have to do with the media blackout imposed on punjab at the time. Reliable sources say the operation occurred.
Talk page references
- Art, Robert J.; Richardson, Louise. Democracy and counterterrorism: lessons from the the past. US Institute of Peace Press. pp. 447–. ISBN 9781929223947. Retrieved 16 June 2010.
- Deol, Harnik (2000). Religion and nationalism in India: the case of the Punjab. Routledge. pp. 112–. ISBN 9780415201087. Retrieved 16 June 2010.
- Santos, Anne Noronha Dos (2007). Military intervention and secession in South Asia: the cases of Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Kashmir, and Punjab. Anne Dos Santos. pp. 102–. ISBN 9780275999490. Retrieved 16 June 2010.
- Barua, Pradeep (2005). The state at war in South Asia. U of Nebraska Press. pp. 238–. ISBN 9780803213449. Retrieved 16 June 2010.
- Kumar, Ashok (2002-01-01). Terrorism and new world order. Anmol Publications PVT. LTD. pp. 103–. ISBN 9788126110599. Retrieved 16 June 2010.
- Sluka, Jeffrey A. (2000). Death squad: the anthropology of state terror. University of Pennsylvania Press. pp. 204–. ISBN 9780812217117. Retrieved 16 June 2010.
- Arora, Subhash Chander (1991). Current issues and trends in centre-state relations: a global view. Mittal Publications. pp. 68–. ISBN 9788170993070. Retrieved 16 June 2010.
- Vora, Rajendra (2005-01-01). Socio-Economic Profile Of Rural India (vol. 3 : Western And North Central India). Concept Publishing Company. pp. 151–. ISBN 9788180692062. Retrieved 16 June 2010.
- Tiwari, Lalan (1995). Issues in Indian politics. Mittal Publications. pp. 243–. ISBN 9788170996187. Retrieved 16 June 2010.
- Joseph (2006-08-01). Eq And Leadership. Tata McGraw-Hill. pp. 227–. ISBN 9780070617940. Retrieved 16 June 2010.
- Chadda, Maya (1997). Ethnicity, security, and separatism in India. Columbia University Press. pp. 185–. ISBN 9780231107372. Retrieved 16 June 2010.
- Shani, Giorgio (2007-12-22). Sikh nationalism and identity in a global age. Routledge. pp. 197–. ISBN 9780415421904. Retrieved 16 June 2010.
- Gill, Kanwar Pal Singh; Sahni, Ajai (2001-06-01). Terror and containment perspectives of India's internal security. Gyan Books. pp. 30–. ISBN 9788121207126. Retrieved 16 June 2010.
INDIAN COAST GUARD DOES NOT COME UNDER DEFINITION OF "INDIAN ARMED FORCES" or "INDIAN MILITARY".
INDIAN COAST GUARD DOES NOT COME UNDER DEFINITION OF "INDIAN ARMED FORCES" or "INDIAN MILITARY". SEE-https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Indian_Armed_Forces/Archive_1#Is_Indian_Coast_Guard_a_military_force.3F_No.2C_Its_not Netstar1 (talk) 22:26, 26 February 2016 (UTC)
2001 India Bangladesh border skirmish
The incident took place between Border Security Force on Indian side and Bangladesh Rifles on Bangladesh side. Indian Army was nowhere involved. Then why this template consists of the link to that incident?--Vyom25 (talk) 13:40, 28 February 2018 (UTC)