Template talk:User access levels
- There's only emailconfirmed, which allows you to send and receive email. — PDD 13:33, 22 April 2008 (UTC)
Can we have a key which explains what the different colours used are? Harryboyles 04:39, 21 July 2008 (UTC)
- The key is on WP:UAL but I'll provide it here for your convenience. -- penubag (talk) 05:01, 21 July 2008 (UTC)
If no one objects, I'm going to change the cell color that represents (auto)confirmed users and the rollback permission from gray (denied) to yellow (depends), because some non-admin users have rollback permission. --- cymru lass (hit me up)⁄(background check) 01:09, 28 September 2010 (UTC)
- Heh, never mind, just realized that it's covered by the "other groups" column. Please excuse the tired girl. --- cymru lass (hit me up)⁄(background check) 01:15, 28 September 2010 (UTC)
There has been a flurry of edits recently about adding a column for the Extended Confirmed access level. I personally disagree with this addition. Because this right only modifies one row of the table, it makes more sense to add it to the "other groups" column than to give it its own column, similar to groups like Researcher and Oversight. Please acquire consensus for the change here before adding the column back into this table. Mamyles (talk) 15:07, 15 May 2017 (UTC)
No abuse log for blocked users
Updating from the Group Rights page
On viewing https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:ListGroupRights (UGR), I found 43 codes that are not in the User Access Level (UAL) template, and that 2 codes in the UAL are no longer in the UGR.
I have a spreadsheet with the columns Group, Right, Code, and Location (e.g. "Bots", "Not be affected by IP-based rate limits", "autoconfirmed", and "both" (UGR and UAL). I don't know what format you would like it, or how best to get it to you. Tagus (talk) 19:21, 28 July 2019 (UTC)
- @Tagus: If there are errors with the template, you can just be bold and fix the template yourself --DannyS712 (talk) 23:34, 28 July 2019 (UTC)
Difference between Denied and Revoked?
- It looks like "denied" is really "not granted" - revoked is about blocked users, which is an additional user flag different from a user's groups and associated permissions. The blocked flag overrides and revokes the permission they would otherwise have had. — xaosflux Talk 14:07, 6 August 2019 (UTC)
Are these permissions in Global?
Special:ListGroupRights doesn't list the bigdelete, edittalk, oversight, and renameuser Permissions. I don't know if they are in Global or if they're deprecated now, so I left them in. Tagus (talk) 13:46, 6 August 2019 (UTC)
- @Tagus: 'oversight' items are called 'suppress' , 'edittalk' is just part of 'edit'. The global permissions are viewable in Special:GlobalGroupPermissions. Almost entirely, renames don't use the local renameuser permission, as our projects are part of Wikipedia:Unified login and renames are handled at meta-wiki. — xaosflux Talk 14:04, 6 August 2019 (UTC)