Texas State Highway 61
|Maintained by TxDOT|
|Length||21.426 mi (34.482 km)|
|South end||Washington Ave. in Anahuac|
| SH 65 in Four Corners|
|North end||US 90 in Devers|
The southern terminus of SH 61 is in Anahuac, along Washington Avenue; state maintenance begins just south of Stowell Street. The route travels north into Anahuac before turning to the east. It passes the Chambers County Airport before an intersection with SH 65; SH 61 turns to the north, while SH 65 continues east. SH 61 crosses IH 10 near the community of Turtle Bayou, northeast of Lake Anahuac. The route travels north into Liberty County before reaching its northern terminus in Devers at US 90.
SH 61 was designated on August 21, 1923 from Devers to Anahuac replacing part of SH 35A (the rest was cancelled). Its official designation has remained unchanged since the 1939 redescription of the Texas highway system.
|Chambers||Anahuac||0.0||0.0||Washington Avenue||Southern terminus; state maintenance ends|
|1.1||1.8||FM 563 – Turtle Bayou|
|Four Corners||3.1||5.0||SH 65 / FM 562 – Stowell, Double Bayou|
|||6.9||11.1||I-10 – Houston, Beaumont||I-10 exit 813.|
|Hankamer||9.1||14.6||FM 1663 – Winnie|
|Devers||21.4||34.4||US 90 – Liberty, Beaumont||Northern terminus|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi|
- Transportation Planning and Programming Division (n.d.). "State Highway No. 61". Highway Designation Files. Texas Department of Transportation. Retrieved 2011-01-07.
- Transportation Planning and Programming Division (2012). Texas County Mapbook (PDF) (Map) (2012 ed.). 1:120,000. Texas Department of Transportation. p. 600. OCLC 867856197. Retrieved 2011-01-07.[dead link]
- Transportation Planning and Programming Division (2012). Texas County Mapbook (PDF) (Map) (2012 ed.). 1:120,000. Texas Department of Transportation. p. 599. OCLC 867856197. Retrieved 2011-01-07.[dead link]
- (PDF) https://publicdocs.txdot.gov/minord/MinuteOrderDocLib/003676878.pdf. Missing or empty
- Google (2011-01-07). "Overview map of Texas State Highway 61 Distances Between Interchanges" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 2011-01-07.