Texas State Highway Loop 390
|Length||10.907 mi (17.553 km)|
|Existed||August 31, 1965–present|
|West end||SH 43|
|East end||US 80|
Loop 390 begins at an intersection with State Highway 43 (SH 43, West Pinecrest Drive) in western Marshall. There is little development along the route at first, before seeing an increase in between University Avenue and Farm to Market Road 3379 (FM 3379, Houston Street) near Wiley College. Loop 390 intersects U.S. Highway 80 (US 80, W. Grand Avenue), FM 449, and SH 154 just west of East Texas Baptist University. Just north of SH 154, Loop 390 starts to turn toward the east and runs near the city limits of Marshall. In northwest Marshall, the highway has a brief overlap with FM 1997 before meeting US 59 (East End Boulevard). Near County Road 2100, Loop 390 starts to turn towards the south and has an interchange with SH 43 (Karnack Highway) in the eastern part of the city. Loop 390 runs in a slight southeast direction before ending at an intersection with US 80 (Victory Drive) near the city's eastern edge.
The section of highway between SH 43 and US 80 in western Marshall is known locally as Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard. The rest of the highway is known locally as Ernest F. Smith Parkway.
Loop 390 was designated on August 31, 1965, running from I-20 southwest of Marshall and around the city before ending at I-20 southeast of the city. The section of highway between FM 3251 and US 80 was cancelled on September 14, 1990, with the mileage being transferred to FM 968. On January 28, 2005, the section of SH 154 between US 80 and SH 43 was re-designated as a part of Loop 390.
TxDOT currently plans to upgrade the section of Loop 390 between US 59 and US 80 in eastern Marshall as a part of I-369. The Interstate will join Loop 390 near Poplar Street/County Road 2116 and will continue past US 80 and rejoin US 59 south of Marshall near FM 2625.
|0.0||0.0||SH 43 (Pinecrest Drive) – Tatum, Marshall|
|1.2||1.9||FM 3379 west (Houston Street)|
|1.7||2.7||US 80 (W. Grand Avenue) – Longview, Marshall|
|1.8||2.9||FM 449 west / Hynson Springs Road|
|2.5||4.0||SH 154 west / Van Zandt Street – Gilmer, East Texas Baptist University|
|3.6||5.8||FM 1997 north – Woodlawn||Western end of FM 1997 overlap|
|4.2||6.8||FM 1997 south – East Texas Baptist University||Eastern end of FM 1997 overlap|
|5.8||9.3||US 59 (East End Boulevard) – Jefferson, Marshall|
|8.4||13.5||SH 43 – Karnack, Marshall||Interchange|
|9.7||15.6||FM 1998 (Scottsville Road) – Scottsville, Marshall|
|10.9||17.5||US 80 (Victory Drive) – Shreveport, Marshall|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi|
- Transportation Planning and Programming Division (n.d.). "State Highway Loop No. 390". Highway Designation Files. Texas Department of Transportation. Retrieved November 6, 2017.
- Transportation Planning and Programming Division (n.d.). "Farm to Market Road No. 968". Highway Designation Files. Texas Department of Transportation. Retrieved November 6, 2017.
- Transportation Planning and Programming Division (n.d.). "State Highway No. 154". Highway Designation Files. Texas Department of Transportation. Retrieved November 6, 2017.
- Texas Department of Transportation. "I-69 System (I-369) Harrison County/Marshall Route Study" (PDF). Texas Department of Transportation. Retrieved November 6, 2017.
- Google (November 6, 2017). "Overview Map of Loop 390" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved November 6, 2017.