This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Thakurnagar Matua Mahasangha Thakurbari.
Sri Dham Thakurnagar
|District||North 24 Parganas|
|Founded by||Guruchand Thakur|
|Named for||Pramath Ranjan Thakur|
|• Type||Census Town|
|• MP||Shantanu Thakur (Bharatiya Janata Party)|
|• MLA||Phulin Bihari Roy ( TMC )|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|ISO 3166 code||IN-WB|
|Vehicle registration||WB-23, WB-24, WB-25, WB-26, WB-27, WB-28.|
|Official Languages||Bengali, English|
Thakurnagar is named after Pramath Ranjan Thakur, the great-grandson of the founder of the Hindu Matuan movement, Harichand Thakur. Due to the Thakurs' significance to the Matua Mahasangha, the village is considered the "Mecca of Matuas."
Today, Thakurnagar is best known for the nearby Thakur Bari ("House of the Thakurs" in English). Thakurnagar is also known for its large flower market.
- Thakurnagar High Secondary School
- Thakurnagar Girls High School
- Shimulpur Anandapara Narahari Vidyapith
- Kaya Pir Abdur Sobahan High School
- Ramchandrapur Palli Mangal Vidyapith
- Grand Gems Public School
- ST Stephens School
- Don Bosco English Medium School
- The Assembly of God Church
- Guru Nanak Nursery & KG School
- Mother Mary English School
- P.R Thakur School
- Shimulpur FP School
- Manikhira FP School
- Kaya FP School
- Gaighata Government I.T.I College
- P. R. Thakur Government College
- Gaighata Government Polytechnic College
- Bagchi, Suvojit (26 April 2016). "In West Bengal, the die is cast here". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 8 July 2018.
- "Decentralisation of governance: 22 new municipalities to come up in Bengal : All India Trinamool Congress". aitcofficial.org. Retrieved 4 July 2018.
- "দুই জেলায় নতুন তিন পুরসভার ঘোষণায় উচ্ছ্বাস (Announcement of three new municipalities in two districts greeted)" (in Bengali). Ananda Bazar Patrika, 14 June 2014. Retrieved 28 May 2018.
- "West Bengal to have 22 new municipalities". Outlook 11 June 2014. Retrieved 28 May 2018.
- "Arsenic in Ground Water of North 24 Parganas District, West Bengal | इंडिया वाटर पोर्टल (हिन्दी)". hindi.indiawaterportal.org (in Hindi). Retrieved 4 July 2018.
- "C.D. Block Wise Primary Census Abstract Data(PCA)". West Bengal – District-wise CD Blocks. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 27 May 2018.
- "District Census Handbook North Twenty Four Parganas, Census of India 2011, Series 20, Part XII A" (PDF). Page 227: Map of Gaighata CD Bloc. Directorate of Census Operations, West Bengal. Retrieved 27 May 2018.