Thangal Kunju Musaliar College of Engineering
|Founder||Janab Thangal Kunju Musaliar|
|Chairman||Shahal Hassan Musaliar|
|Principal||T.A. Shahul Hameed (in-charge)|
|Affiliations||APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University|
Thangal Kunju Musaliar College of Engineering (TKMCE) is a government aided engineering institution in the Indian state of Kerala, at Karikode, 6 kilometres (3.7 mi) from the city of Kollam in southern Kerala. It was founded in 1956 and is affiliated with the APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University. Admissions to the college are based on the Kerala Engineering Architecture Medical (KEAM).
This section does not cite any sources. (October 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The college was founded by the TKM Educational Trust, an organization established by Sri, Janab Thangal Kunju Musaliar. The college's foundation stone was laid in on 3 February 1956 by Rajendra Prasad the first President of India. The college was inaugurated by Humayun Kabir, the Cabinet Minister for Scientific and Cultural Affairs, on 3 July 1958.
The institute offers B.Tech. programs in eight branches of engineering, five M.Tech. programs and a Computer Applications (MCA) Program.
Accreditation and affiliation
TKMCE is accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council with a B++ grade, valid up to November 2021. Ten programmes are approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) for 2019-2020, some which are accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA). The programmes are affiliated with APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University.
Admission to undergraduate courses is based on the Kerala Engineering Architecture Medical (KEAM), administered by the Government of Kerala, India. Some seats are reserved for students from Arunachal Pradesh, Andaman and Lakshadweep, and also in the management quota.
Admission to M.Tech is based on Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) conducted by the Indian Institutes of Technology. Admission to MCA is based on the Kerala MCA Entrance Examination, conducted by the Office of the Commissioner of Entrance Exams run by the Government of Kerala. Admission to MBA is based on Management Aptitude Test (MAT) conducted by the All India Management Association and Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) conducted by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
The college is located at Karicode, a suburb town of the coastal city of Kollam on the Kollam- Sengottai NH-208 road, 6 kilometres away from Kollam city centre (Chinnakada), and 2.2 kilometres from Kallumthaazham junction.
- Dept. of Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Dept. of Mechanical Engineering
- Dept. of Civil Engineering
- Dept. of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Dept. of Chemical Engineering
- Dept. of Mechanical-Production Engineering
- Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering
- Dept. of Architecture
- Dept. of MCA
- Dept. of Mathematics
- Dept. of Physics
- Dept. of Chemistry
- Dept. of Economics
- Dept. of Physical Education
The administration of the college is vested in a Governing Body consisting representatives of the T.K.M College Trust, Govt: Of Kerala, and All India Council for Technical Education. The present Governing Body is headed by Sri.S.H.Musaliar as Chairman and the Principal as the Ex-officio secretary.
The alumni association was formed in 1963. It has chapters in various states of India and around the world.
- M. Jayachandran, film score composer, singer, and musician
- Rajan Pillai, Indian businessman, popularly known as the 'Biscuit Baron'
- S. Somanath, Director of Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC)
- Shibu Baby John, former Labour Minister of the State Government of Kerala
- T. K. Alex, former director of Indian Space Research Organisation Satellite Centre (ISAC)
- National Institute of Technology Calicut
- College of Engineering Trivandrum
- Government Engineering College, Thrissur
- Mar Athanasius College of Engineering
- NSS College of Engineering
- Educational Institutions in Kollam District
- "Principal's Desk". TKM College of Engineering. Retrieved 24 October 2019.
- "Institutions accredited by NAAC whose accreditation period is valid as on September 2019". National Assessment and Accreditation Council. Retrieved 31 October 2019. Sr. No 2047.
- "List of AICTE approved Institutes for the academic year: 2019-2020". www.facilities.aicte-india.org. All India Council for Technical Education. Retrieved 31 October 2019.
- "Accredited Programs". www.nbaind.org. National Board of Accreditation. Retrieved 31 October 2019.
- Kunju S., Shihabudeen (18 May 2017). "TKM College Of Engineering Receives Top Honours In NBA Accreditation". NDTV.com. Retrieved 31 October 2019.
- "Affiliated Programs for the Academic Year 2019-2020". ktu.edu.in. APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University. Retrieved 31 October 2019..
- "Official website of the Commissioner for Entrance Exams, Kerala".
- "The Ministry Of Overseas Indian Affairs".[permanent dead link]
- "GATE Office, IITM".
- "Official Website for MCA Admission, Kerala". Archived from the original on 25 October 2008.
- "Official Website, All India Management Association".
- "Official website of TKM College of engineering".
- "Alumni Association". TKM College of Engineering. Retrieved 31 October 2019.
- "31 Engineering Graduate(Btech) Mollywood Celebrities". jithumpablog.com. Retrieved 12 September 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Thangal Kunju Musaliar College of Engineering, Kollam.|