The Haunted Sea
|The Haunted Sea|
|Directed by||Dan Golden|
|Produced by||Roger Corman|
|Written by||Thomas McKelvey Cleaver|
|Music by||Nigel Holton|
|Cinematography||John B. Aronson|
|Edited by||Robert Berman|
|Distributed by||Concorde Pictures|
This article needs an improved plot summary. (June 2018)
Near the Yucatan Peninsula, a ship, the "Hades", is found drifting in the ocean without a crew. Captain Ramsey and his crew discover the ship's cargo contains ancient Aztec treasure from Montezuma's temple.
Crewmen Delgago and Lane try to steal the treasure. Delgago is possessed by a statue, and transforms into a reptile monster that kills Lane. The monster sets about killing the rest of the crew.
Second mate Medina discovers the Hades' captain, Jameson, is still alive and was possessed. Jameson kills himself.
The only survivors left are Medina and first mate Bergren . They rig the Hades with explosives. The monster kills Bergren, and Medina jumps overboard just as the Hades is blown apart. She's rescued by the cargo ship, but is now possessed herself.
- Krista Allen as 2nd Mate Johnson
- Don Stroud as Chief Foster
- Duane Whitaker as Andy Delgado
- Jeff Phillips as Charlie Lane
- James Brolin as Captain Ramsey
- Joanna Pacula as 1st Mate Bergren
- Ronald William Lawrence as Marcus Talbot
- Eb Lottimer as Doug Ward
- Leonard Donato as Chief Engineer Anderson
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (June 2018)
TV Guide awarded the film 1/5 stars, criticizing the film for its dialogue, direction, overuse of stock footage, and lack of scares and imagination. Charles Tatum from eFilmCritic awarded the film a negative 1/5 stars, criticizing the film's bland direction, unconvincing monster costume, and script. Andrew Pragasam from The Spinning Image awarded the film 6/10 stars, writing, " Though far from groundbreaking and with the low budget showing through on occasion, The Haunted Sea is still a tight, compelling little exploitation picture. The creature suit looks a little rubbery but the transformation effects and gore are more accomplished than one might expect."
- "The Haunted Sea". VHS Collector.com. VHS Collector. Retrieved 21 June 2018.
- "The Haunted Sea (1997) - Rotten Tomatoes". Rotten Tomatoes.com. Flixer. Retrieved 21 June 2018.
- "The Haunted Sea (1997) - Dan Golden". Allmovie.com. AllMovie. Retrieved 21 June 2018.
- "Haunted Sea - Movie Reviews and Movie Ratings". TV Guide.com. TV Guide. Retrieved 21 June 2018.
- Tatum, Charles. "Movie Review - Haunted Sea - eFilmCritic". eFilmCritic.com. Charles Tatum. Retrieved 21 June 2018.
- Pragasam, Andrew. "Haunted Sea, The Review (1997)". The Spinning Image.co.uk. Andrew Pragasam. Retrieved 21 June 2018.
- The Haunted Sea at AllMovie
- The Haunted Sea on IMDb
- The Haunted Sea at Rotten Tomatoes
- The Haunted Sea at the TCM Movie Database