The Honest Body Project
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (May 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Honest Body Project is a collection of photographic portraits and stories from women aimed to empower and encourage self-love. The project was created by photographer Natalie McCain from Rockledge, FL. The collection contains hundreds of portraits and stories on various topics of womanhood, photographed in black and white and without manipulation to alter the appearance of the women. The women are often accompanied by their children. There have been many series taken from the project.
- "The Beauty in a Mother" featured pregnant mothers sharing their stories, including a plus-size mother shamed for her maternity photos.
- "After The Baby is Born" was the follow up series to The Beauty in a Mother and featured the women 4–6 weeks postpartum.
- "We Are Not 'Still' Nursing, We Are Just Nursing" featured women who breastfeed their children from ages 2–5, sharing stories on extended breastfeeding.
- "Defined By Our Hearts" featured mothers sharing stories about their children with various special needs.
- "True Faces of Depression" shared stories of women who have various mental illnesses, such as depression, anxiety disorder, PTSD, and postpartum depression.
- "Balancing Both Worlds" shared the stories of working mothers and how they balance motherhood with their career.
- "No Mother Should Be Ashamed" featured mothers who bottle feed their children for various reasons and shared their stories.
- "25 Moms Bare Their Bodies And Souls In 'The Honest Body Project'". The Huffington Post. Retrieved 2016-01-27.
- Murray, Rheana. "This photographer's secret to help new moms love their bodies again". Today (U.S. TV program). Retrieved 2016-01-27.
- Murray, Rheana. "Fat-shamed while pregnant? This woman fought back against bullies". Today (U.S. TV program). Retrieved 2016-01-27.
- "7 Women Share The Pain And Joy Of Pregnancy In Tender Photo Shoot". The Huffington Post. Retrieved 2016-01-27.
- "Honest Photo Series Shows The Reality Of Postpartum Body Image". The Huffington Post. Retrieved 2016-01-27.
- "Photographer Creates Striking Photo Series Of Moms Breast-Feeding "Older" Children". Redbook. 2015-08-31. Retrieved 2016-01-27.
- "Gorgeous Photos Show a Side of Motherhood That Deserves to Be Celebrated". Mic. Mic (media company). Retrieved 2016-01-27.
- "Special Needs Parenting in Stunning Photo Series". ABC News. 2015-09-19. Retrieved 2016-01-27.
- "Moms Speak Out About Postpartum Depression In Honest Photo Project". The Huffington Post. Retrieved 2016-01-27.
|This photography-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|