The Man from Independence
|The Man from Independence|
|Directed by||Jack Smight|
|Written by||Edward DeBlasio|
The Man from Independence is a 1974 biographical–drama film directed by Jack Smight and written by Edward DeBlasio. The film stars Robert Vaughn, Arthur Kennedy, Martha Scott, June Dayton, Russell Johnson, Ronne Troup, Alan Fudge, and Tasha Lee.
The film tells the story of Harry S. Truman as he begins his political career in 1929.
- Robert Vaughn as Harry S Truman
- Arthur Kennedy as Tom Pendergast
- Martha Scott as Mamma Truman
- June Dayton as Bess Truman
- Russell Johnson as Linaver
- Ronne Troup as Constance
- Alan Fudge as Mooney
- Tasha Lee as Margaret Truman
- James Luisi as Stranger
- Lou Frizzell as Quilling
- Leonard Stone as Werner
- Michael Vandever as Lorenzo Dayton
- Alice Backes as Teacher
- Jay Virela as Pete
The Man from Independence was written into a book as Harry S. Truman: The Man from Independence by Karin Clafford Farley in July 1989.
- "The Man from Independence". British Film Institute. United Kingdom. Retrieved November 22, 2016.
- Goldberg, Lee (2015). Unsold Television Pilots: 1955-1989. North Charleston, South Carolina: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform. ISBN 978-1511590679.
- Barnes, Mike (February 8, 2015). "Edward DeBlasio, Writer and Producer for TV's 'Dynasty,' Dies at 88". Deadline Hollywood. United States: Penske Media Corporation. Retrieved November 22, 2016.
- "Robert Vaughn, 'The Man from U.N.C.L.E.' star, dies at 83". Chicago Tribune. Chicago: Tronc Inc. November 11, 2016. Retrieved November 22, 2016.
- Los Angeles Times Staff 1974, p. 325.
- Farley, Karin Clafford (1989). Harry S. Truman: The Man from Independence. New York City: Julian Messner. ISBN 978-0671658533.