The Master's University
|Motto||For Christ and Scripture|
|Affiliation||The Master's Seminary|
|President||John Stead (interim)|
|Undergraduates||952 (+154 degree completion)|
|Postgraduates||92 (+375 seminary)|
|Campus||Suburban (LA County)|
|Colors||Gold and Navy Blue|
|Athletics||12 Varsity teams|
|Affiliations||Golden State Athletic Conference|
|Mascot||Monty the Mustang|
The college was founded in 1927.:69 It was originally named Los Angeles Baptist College and Seminary. In 1961, it moved to Newhall in Santa Clarita, California. In 1985, John MacArthur became the school president; the name was changed to The Master's College, hoping to appeal to a wider evangelical audience. In 2016, the school underwent yet another name change and became The Master's University. In June 2019 John MacArthur stepped down as president and became chancellor and John Stead, a faculty member since 1970, became the interim president.
The university offers bachelor's degrees and master's degrees, including several bachelor's degrees that are offered fully online. The associated seminary offers a Bachelor of Theology for those with an associate degree, master's degrees, and Doctor of Theology and Doctor of Philosophy degrees.
The university has been accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges since 1975. In July 2018, it was placed on probation. WASC found the institution in violation of multiple standards of accreditation, including competing loyalties among its board of directors, a lack of operational integrity, and a pattern of unethical treatment among faculty and staff. The visiting accreditation team observed – and received reports of – a climate of fear, intimidation, bullying, and uncertainty among significant numbers of faculty and staff. WASC stated its "extreme concern" that the university might be in violation of required reporting responsibilities under the Clery Act, the Violence Against Women Act, and the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.  The university has less than two years to remedy the perceived problems and avoid withdrawal of its accreditation; it has said that it is working to correct them.
The college teams compete in the Golden State Athletic Conference of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics. The college is a member of the National Christian College Athletic Association. Sports include baseball, basketball, cross-country running, golf, soccer, track and volleyball.
Curtis Lewis, head coach of the women's soccer team, won the NAIA Women's Soccer Coach of the Year award in 2008. In 2009, Jim Rickard won the NAIA Men's Soccer Coach of the Year award.
- [s.n.] (2009). Peterson's Colleges in the West. Lawrenceville, NJ: Peterson's. ISBN 9780768926965.
- Padilla, Steve (November 5, 1990). "Amazing Growth : Sleepy Baptist College Takes Off Under New Leader". Los Angeles Times.
- Matt Thacker (May 12, 2016). What’s in a name? TMC finds out for itself. Santa Clarita Valley Signal. Accessed April 2017.
- "John Stead". The Master's University. Retrieved August 7, 2019.
- "Dr. John Stead named Interim President of TMU". The Master's University. April 16, 2019. Retrieved August 7, 2019.
- "Undergraduate Degrees | The Master's University". The Master's University. Retrieved September 7, 2018.
- "Graduate Degrees | The Master's University". The Master's University. Retrieved September 7, 2018.
- "TMU Online | The Master's University". The Master's University. Retrieved September 7, 2018.
- "Degree Programs | The Master's Seminary". The Master's Seminary. Retrieved September 7, 2018.
- "The Master's University" (PDF). The Master's University. Retrieved September 7, 2018.
- "The Master's University and Seminary | WASC Senior College and University Commission". www.wscuc.org. WASC Senior College and University Commission.
- Studley, Jamienne S. (July 18, 2018). "Probation Letter" (PDF). WASC Senior College and University Commission.
- "The Master's University remains on probation, lays off faculty". The Santa Clarita Valley Proclaimer. March 18, 2019.
- "Report of the WSCUC Team for Reaffirmation of Accreditation To The Master's University and Seminary: March 21-23, 2018" (PDF). WASC Senior College and University Commission. Retrieved August 31, 2018.
- "The Master's University demonstrates failure to report sexual assault under Clery Act". The Santa Clarita Valley Proclaimer. September 27, 2018.
- TMUS Board of Directors. "Public Statement Regarding 2018 WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) Review" (PDF).
- TMUS Board of Directors. "FAQs regarding our Accreditation with the WASC Senior College and University" (PDF).
- "Accredited Institutions Search". National Association of Schools of Music.
- The Masters University. Peterson's. Accessed February 2017.
- "2009 Men's Soccer National Coaches of the Year Announced". NAIA. January 15, 2010. Retrieved January 16, 2011.