|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
As of 2001[update] India census, Thirumazhisai had a population of 16,286. Males constitute 51% of the population and females 49%. Thirumazhisai has an average literacy rate of 64%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 71%, and female literacy is 57%. In Thirumazhisai, 12% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa informed the Assembly on 8 September 2011 that a new Satellite Township would be built at Chennai Thirumazhisai at a cost of Rs 2,160 crores. The township will have 12,000 housing units on a 311-acre land of the Tamil Nadu Housing Board.
Places of worship
Thirumazhisai is a punniya sthalam [holy place] and has a lot of temples. To list a few of the temples
1. Thirumazhisai Aazhwar temple :Also known as Jagannatha Perumal temple. One of the twelve Alvars of Vaishnavism was born in Thirumazhisai hence was called as Tirumazhisai-aazhvaar. This temple opens around 7:30 am.
2. Othandeeswarar temple : A Shiva temple kai thanda pran [devotee who gave his hand]. It is told that this temple was built at this site as Lord Shiva showed himself here to the devotee(King Kulothunga Chola) who cut off his hand when he accidentally used his sword to cut the climbers on the Lingam to pave way
3. Veetirundha Perumal temple: This is also one of the main temple in Thirumazhisai. It is very close to Jagannathar temple. Hardly 10 minutes walk. In this temple there is a Hanuman sannidhi. He is called as the Doctor's Doctor. People who visit Jagannatha Perumal go to this temple and get the blessings of lord Veetirundha Perumal and lord Hanuman.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 16 June 2004. Retrieved 1 November 2008.
- Sekar, Sunitha (26 December 2018). "CMRL mulls extending line to Tirumazhisai". The Hindu. Retrieved 1 January 2019.
- "Industrial Complex at Tirumazhisai". The New Indian Express. Chennai: Express Publications. 9 January 2014. Retrieved 18 January 2014.
|This article related to a location in Tiruvallur district, Tamil Nadu, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|