Tim Wright (American football)
|Born:||April 7, 1990|
Neptune Township, New Jersey
|Height:||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight:||245 lb (111 kg)|
(Wall Township, New Jersey)
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2016|
Timothy Wright (born April 7, 1990) is an American football tight end who is currently a free agent. He was signed by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers as an undrafted free agent in 2013. He played college football at Rutgers, where he subsequently opened a barbershop in 2016.
|Ht||Wt||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 3 in
|4.65 s||1.63 s||2.74 s||4.47 s||7.27 s||36 in
|9 ft 10 in
|All values from Rutgers Pro Day|
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
On April 29, 2013, Wright was signed as an undrafted free agent by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. On June 12, 2013, Wright was moved from wide receiver to tight end. Wright played all 16 games for the Buccaneers, starting 8. He finished the season with 54 catches for 571 yards and 5 touchdowns, the yards and touchdowns tied for the most by an undrafted rookie tight end in NFL history. Wright was the only rookie tight end in 2013 to have more than 500 receiving yards.
New England Patriots
On August 26, 2014, Wright was traded by the Buccaneers to the New England Patriots along with a 2015 4th round draft pick for guard Logan Mankins. Wright played in 11 games for the Patriots, catching 26 passes for 259 yards, with a career-high 6 touchdowns. Wright played in the Patriots Super Bowl XLIX victory over the Seattle Seahawks, but did not record any catches. He was released on June 11, 2015.
Return to Tampa Bay
On August 31, 2015, the Buccaneers traded Wright to the Detroit Lions in exchange for placekicker Kyle Brindza. During the 2015 season, Wright appeared in nine games for the Lions, where he finished with nine receptions for 77 yards and two touchdowns. On March 16, 2016, the Lions re-signed Wright to a one-year contract. On May 31, 2016, he was placed on season-ending injured reserve with a torn ACL.
Kansas City Chiefs
- "The Wright Cut". TWCBarbershop.com. Retrieved June 18, 2017.
- "Epilogue to a Draft: Bucs Add 13 Undrafted Free Agents". Archived from the original on September 28, 2015. Retrieved April 29, 2012.
- "Wright Was A Surprise". September 1, 2013.
- "Patriots Trade Logan Mankins To Tampa Bay For Tim Wright". August 26, 2014.
- "New England Patriots cut TE Tim Wright". June 11, 2015.
- Smith, Michael (June 12, 2015). "Buccaneers claim Tim Wright off waivers from Patriots". NBCSports.com. Retrieved August 31, 2015.
- Patra, Kevin (August 31, 2015). "Buccaneers trade TE Tim Wright to Lions". NFL.com. Retrieved August 31, 2015.
- "Lions re-sign TE Tim Wright". Detroit Lions. March 14, 2016. Archived from the original on March 16, 2016. Retrieved March 14, 2016.
- Sessler, Marc. "Detroit Lions place TE Tim Wright on season-ending IR". NFL.com. Retrieved June 22, 2016.
- "Lions sign TE Tim Wright and waive TE Brandon Barnes". DetroitLions.com. August 9, 2017. Archived from the original on August 9, 2017. Retrieved August 9, 2017.
- Gantt, Darin (August 28, 2017). "Lions cut Keshawn Martin and Tim Wright". ProFootballTalk.NBCSports.com.
- Patra, Kevin (April 10, 2018). "Veteran TE Tim Wright inks contract with Chiefs". NFL.com.
- "Chiefs Roster Down to NFL-Mandated 53". Chiefs.com. September 1, 2018.
- Timothy Wright Stats