Jump to navigation Jump to search
Titanium oxide may refer to:
- Titanium dioxide (titanium(IV) oxide), TiO2
- Titanium(II) oxide (titanium monoxide), TiO, a non-stoichiometric oxide
- Titanium(III) oxide (dititanium trioxide), Ti2O3
- δ-TiOx (x= 0.68–0.75)
- TinO2n−1 where n ranges from 3–9 inclusive, e.g. Ti3O5, Ti4O7, etc.
Also used in making of vehicle exhaust pipes due to its aesthetic value of the purple color.[remove or clarification needed]
- "Inferno World with Titanium Skies - ESO's VLT makes first detection of titanium oxide in an exoplanet". www.eso.org. Retrieved 14 September 2017.
- Wells A.F. (1984) Structural Inorganic Chemistry 5th edition Oxford Science Publications ISBN 0-19-855370-6
- Greenwood, Norman N.; Earnshaw, Alan (1997). Chemistry of the Elements (2nd ed.). Butterworth-Heinemann. ISBN 978-0-08-037941-8.
- Serpone N, Salinaro A, Emeline AV, Horikoshi S, Hidaka H, Zhao JC. 2002. "An in vitro systematic spectroscopic examination of the photostabilities of a random set of commercial sunscreen lotions and their chemical UVB/UVA active agents". Photochemical & Photobiological Sciences 1(12): 970–981.
| set index page lists chemical compounds articles associated with the same name.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.