Tokyo International Forum
|Tokyo International Forum|
Exterior of Tokyo International Forum
|Location||Chiyoda, Tokyo, Japan|
|Operator||Tokyo International Forum, Co., LTD|
|5,012 (Hall A), 1,500 (Hall C)|
|• Total space||5,000m² (Exhibition hall)|
|Public transit access||JR East: |
Yamanote Line and Keihin-Tōhoku Line at Yūrakuchō
The Tokyo International Forum (東京国際フォーラム Tōkyō Kokusai Fōramu) is a multi-purpose exhibition center in Tokyo, Japan. The complex is generally considered to be in the Yurakucho business district due to its adjacency to the Yurakucho Station. However, it is administratively in the Marunouchi district.
One of its halls seats 5,000. In addition to seven other halls, it includes exhibition space, a lobby, restaurants, shops, and other facilities.
Designed by architect Rafael Viñoly and completed in 1996, it features swooping curves of steel truss and glass; the outside is shaped like an elongated boat.
Standing between Tokyo Station and Yūrakuchō Station, its address is in Marunouchi, Chiyoda, on the site formerly occupied by Tokyo City Hall (before it moved to the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building in 1991).
- 7 December 1999: Draw for the preliminary competition of the 2002 FIFA World Cup in Korea and Japan
- 2005–: La Folle Journée au Japon
- 2008: BoA Live Tour 2008 -The Face-
- 2011: International Union of Architects world congress
- 2012: World Bank and IMF Annual Meetings
- 2014: International Bar Association congress
- 2015: Ariana Grande, The Honeymoon Tour
- 2016: Selena Gomez, Revival Tour
- 2016 Michael Schenker, as part of a show called "Michael Schenker Fest," which saw the guitarist reunited on stage with all 3 singers he worked with during the 1980s (Gary Barden, Graham Bonnet, and Robin McAuley), as well as several musicians from the same era, as well. A CD/DVD of the concert was issued a year later, Michael Schenker Fest "Live" Tokyo.
- 2017: Park Bo-gum, "Oh Happy Day": 2016-2017 Asia Fan Meeting Tour
- 2017: Shawn Mendes, Illuminate World Tour
- 2020: Weightlifting venue for the 2020 Summer Olympics
- "What is La Folle Journée?". www.lfj.jp. Retrieved 2014-08-19.
- "BoA Live Tour 2008 -The Face- - generasia". www.generasia.com. Retrieved 2016-05-20.
- "2012 TOKYO ANNUAL MEETINGS of the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank Group (Host Government Website)". Imf-wb.2012tokyo.mof.go.jp. Retrieved 2014-02-12.
- "Tokyo 2014: Annual Conference of the International Bar Association". www.ibanet.org/. Retrieved 2014-08-19.
- "Upcoming Dates". selenagomez.com. Retrieved December 4, 2015.
- "Park Bo-gum's First Japan Fan Meeting Attended By 5,000 Fans". XSports News.
- "Venue Plan". Tokyo 2020 Bid Committee. Archived from the original on 27 July 2013. Retrieved 11 September 2013.
Media related to Tokyo International Forum at Wikimedia Commons
- Tokyo International Forum
- Tokyo International Forum Map
- Tokyo International Forum at greatbuildings.com
|This article about a Japanese building– or structure–related topic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|