|Deity||Pure Land Buddhism|
|Location||Dongcheng District, Beijing|
|Date established||Ming dynasty (1368–1644)|
Tongjiao Temple (Chinese: 通教寺; pinyin: Tōngjiào Sì) is a Buddhist temple located in Dongcheng District of Beijing. It covers an area of 700-square-metre (7,500 sq ft). Now it is the only Bhikkhuni temple in Beijing. It was inscribed to the National Key Buddhist Temples in Han Chinese Area's list in 1983.
Tongjiao Temple was first established by an eunuch in the Ming dynasty (1368–1644), the modern temple was founded in the Qing dynasty (1644–1911) and initially called "Tongjiao Chanlin" (通教禅林), and it served as a practice center for Bhikkhuni.
At the dawn of the Republic of China (1912-1949), the temple became dilapidated for neglect. In 1941, there only had a Bhikkhuni named Yinhe (印和). In 1942, eminent Bhikkhuni Cizhou's (慈舟) disciples Kaihui (开慧), Tongyuan (通愿) and Shengyu (胜雨) began to rebuild the temple. The South Hall, North Hall, Recitation Hall, Wuguan Hall were added to the temple. And the temple was renamed "Tongjiao Temple". They founded "Bajing Xueyuan" (八敬学苑), a Buddhist school which became well-known at that time.
After the 3rd Plenary Session of the 11th Central Committee of the Chinese Communist Party, according to the national policy of free religious belief, Tongjiao Temple was reopened and rebuilt soon.
In January 1984, Tongjiao Temple was categorized as a municipal level key cultural heritage in Beijing.