Touch (Natasha Bedingfield song)
|Single by Natasha Bedingfield|
|from the album Strip Me|
|Released||18 May 2010|
|Recorded||Enemy Dojo (Calabasas)|
|Natasha Bedingfield singles chronology|
"Touch" is a song performed by British singer-songwriter Natasha Bedingfield. The song written by Bedingfield, Julian Bunetta and Steve Kipner was released to the US iTunes Store on 18 May 2010 as the lead single from her third studio album, Strip Me, which came out in late 2010. The song was sent to US radio on 29 June 2010 and then later confirmed to be a trailer single, whilst the album's title track serves as the first official single.
Becky Bain of 'Idolator' liked the song saying "it won her over". She said "The verses seem a bit rambling (Natasha basically runs through every errand she did that day), but the catchy chorus of 'we danced, and we laughed, and we touched' wins us over. And we’re fairly certain it will inevitably be played on our TVs ad nauseam during iPod Touch commercials."
Rich Lee was booked to direct the video which was filmed in the first week of July 2010. Lee is best known for his work with The Black Eyed Peas. 13 July, outtakes from the video were released on Bedingfield's official site and YouTube account. The video was released to the singer's official Vevo account on 27 July 2010.
It has been revealed that "Touch" will be used as the theme song for an upcoming NIVEA skincare campaign. Of the partnership which will involved the song being featured in TV commercials Bedingfield said "I've never been happier than I am right now ... I just celebrated my one-year wedding anniversary with the love of my life, and my new album, which I'm very proud of, will be released this fall. When I heard about NIVEA's Happiness campaign, I couldn't think of a better way to share my new song, 'Touch,' with fans. When you feel happy, it's contagious!" Bedingfield performed the song live for the first time on The Ellen DeGeneres Show on 24 May 2010. She performed the song for a second time on So You Think You Can Dance on 8 July 2010. On 19 July, Bedingfield performed the song at the VH1 Do Something Awards.
"Touch" was officially remixed by The Dirty Tees. The remix was released in December 2010.
|Canada (Canadian Hot 100)||60|
- "Bedingfield releases new single on iTunes". UPI.com'. United Press International, Inc. 25 June 2010. Retrieved 11 July 2010.
- "Exclusive Natasha Bedingfield track "Touch" now available on iTunes U.S." natashabegingfield.com. 20 May 2010. Archived from the original on 4 June 2010. Retrieved 10 June 2010.
- Love, Ryan (15 July 2010). "Bedingfield announced new album title". Digital Spy. Hachette Filipacchi UK. Retrieved 15 July 2010.
- "Natasha Bedingfield, Lifehouse and Travie McCoy Featuring Bruno Mars to Rock the Stage at the 2010 VH1 Do Something Awards". New York, US: prnewswire. 28 June 2010. Retrieved 11 July 2010.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 18 September 2010. Retrieved 1 December 2010.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- Bain, Becky (21 May 2010). "Natasha Bedingfield Is Back And Ready To Dance With New Single "Touch"". Idolator. Retrieved 6 August 2010.
- Gottlieb, Steven (July 2010). "Natasha Bedingfield - Rich Lee, dir". Videostatic.com. Retrieved 13 July 2010.
- "Fun Sneak Peek at Natasha's forthcoming "Touch" Video". natashabedingfield.com. July 2010. Retrieved 14 July 2010.
- "Natasha Bedingfield - Touch (video)". Vevo. 27 July 2010. Retrieved 27 July 2010.
- "Natasha Bedingfield and NIVEA to Spread Happiness Across the Country With Exclusive New Single, 'Touch'". Wilton, Connecticut: prnewswire. 25 June 2010. Retrieved 11 July 2010.
- "Natasha performs "Touch" on Ellen". The Ellen DeGeneres Show. 25 May 2010. Archived from the original on 12 June 2010. Retrieved 25 May 2010.
- "Watch Now: Natasha Bedingfield at 'So You Think You Can Dance'". etonline.com (Entertainment Tonight). CBS Studios, Inc. 9 July 2010. Archived from the original on 11 July 2010. Retrieved 11 July 2010.
- Bain, Becky (20 July 2010). "Do Something: Jane Lynch Performances". Idolator. Retrieved 6 July 2010.
- "Natasha Bedingfield - Touch (The Dirty Tees Official Remix)".
- "Canadian Hot 100". Billboard. Retrieved 4 June 2011.
- Natasha Bedingfield - Touch (single) Canada: iTunes Store (Apple Inc.). Retrieved 19 July 2010