Carter at a race in the 1980s
|Born||November 21, 1949|
Ellerbe, North Carolina
|NASCAR Grand National East Series career|
|3 races run over 1 year|
|Best finish||32nd (1973)|
|First race||1973 Sunoco 260 (Hickory)|
|Last race||1973 Tar Heel 200 (Fayetteville)|
Travis Carter (born November 21, 1949) is a former car owner and crew chief in the NASCAR Winston Cup Series. He served as crew chief for two decades, winning championships with Benny Parsons and Cale Yarborough in 1973 and 1978, respectively. Carter was the winning crew chief when Parsons won the 1975 Daytona 500. He owned Travis Carter Motorsports from 1970 to 2003. He is the uncle of NASCAR crew chief Larry Carter, and the father of NASCAR driver Matt Carter.
- Cothren, Larry (October 2002). "NASCAR Team Owner Interview - Travis Carter". Stock Car Racing. Archived from the original on December 7, 2008. Retrieved February 1, 2010.
- Aumann, Mark (February 4, 2008). "Crew chiefs driving force for Daytona 500 winners". NASCAR. Retrieved February 1, 2010.
- "Owner's statistics". Racing Reference. Retrieved February 1, 2010.
- "Larry Carter". NASCAR. Retrieved February 1, 2010.
- Waid, Steve (November 19, 2010). "For Long-Time Crew Chief Travis Carter All The Fun Is Gone". Motorsports Unplugged. Retrieved August 7, 2015.
- Travis Carter owner statistics at Racing-Reference
- Travis Carter crew chief statistics at Racing-Reference
- Travis Carter driver statistics at Racing-Reference
|This biographical article related to NASCAR is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|