|San Francisco Giants – No. 38|
|Born: May 23, 1993|
|April 10, 2018, for the San Francisco Giants|
|MLB statistics |
(through June 22, 2019)
|Earned run average||7.20|
Tyler Joseph Beede (// BEE-dee; born May 23, 1993) is an American professional baseball pitcher for the San Francisco Giants of Major League Baseball (MLB). He played college baseball for the Vanderbilt Commodores and was drafted by the Giants in the first round of the 2014 MLB draft. Beede made his MLB debut in 2018.
Beede attended Lawrence Academy at Groton in Groton, Massachusetts. The Toronto Blue Jays selected him in the first round, with the 21st overall selection, of the 2011 Major League Baseball draft. However, he decided not to sign and instead attended Vanderbilt University to play college baseball for the Vanderbilt Commodores. He was the only first round pick that year not to sign.
As a freshman in 2012, Beede had a 1–5 win–loss record with a 4.52 earned run average (ERA) and 68 strikeouts. He was named to the All-Southeastern Conference freshman team. Beede started his sophomore season in 2013 winning his first 14 starts. He finished the season 14–1 with a 2.32 ERA and 103 strikeouts. He was a finalist for the Golden Spikes Award and Dick Howser Trophy. After the season, he was selected by USA Baseball to play for the United States collegiate national team during the summer. As a junior in 2014 he was 8–8 with a 4.04 ERA and 116 strikeouts and helped Vanderbilt win the College World Series.
The San Francisco Giants selected Beede in the first round, 14th overall, of the 2014 Major League Baseball draft. He made his professional debut with the Arizona Giants of the Rookie-level Arizona League in 2014, and after giving up only three runs in 8 2⁄3 innings along with striking out 11, he was promoted to the Salem-Keizer Volcanoes of the Class A-Short Season Northwest League, where he finished the season with a 2.70 ERA in 6 2⁄3 innings. He started 2015 with the San Jose Giants of the Class A-Advanced California League before being promoted to the Richmond Flying Squirrels of the Class AA Eastern League in June. In 22 total games started between both teams, he pitched to a 5-10 record and 3.97 ERA along with a 1.26 WHIP.
Beede spent the 2016 season with Richmond, finishing with an 8–7 record and 2.81 ERA, the lowest in the Eastern League, and 135 strikeouts (second in the league). In 2017, he played for the Sacramento River Cats of the Class AAA Pacific Coast League, where he posted a 6-7 record with a 4.79 ERA in 19 games started. The Giants added Beede to their 40-man roster after the 2017 season.
The Giants promoted Beede to the major leagues on April 10, 2018 and he made his major league debut the same night at AT&T Park against the Arizona Diamondbacks. He started the game and pitched four innings, giving up two earned runs and three hits while striking out three and walking five while not receiving a decision in an eventual 5-4 win. On June 17, 2019, Beede earned his first major league win in a 3-2 win over the Los Angeles Dodgers, pitching six innings and allowing just one run on three hits. 
- 2019 Major League Baseball (MLB) Player Name Presentation Preferences and Pronunciations. Retrieved June 18, 2019
- "Blue Jays take hard-throwing Beede at No. 21". Mlb.mlb.com. May 24, 2013. Retrieved June 7, 2013.
- Hall, Brendan. "For Beede, no regrets on decision to spurn". Espn.go.com. Retrieved June 7, 2013.
- "Blue Jays pick Tyler Beede is only first-rounder not to sign". Hardballtalk.nbcsports.com. August 16, 2011. Retrieved June 7, 2013.
- "Auburn's Tyler Beede Vanderbilt ace". Telegram.com. Retrieved June 7, 2013.
- "Two Commodores earn All-SEC baseball honors". Nashvillecitypaper.com. May 29, 2012. Retrieved June 7, 2013.
- "Vanderbilt beats Mississippi State, gets Tyler Beede to 11–0". Tennessean.com. Retrieved June 7, 2013.
- "Vanderbilt's Tyler Beede off to perfect start". Tennessean.com. Retrieved June 7, 2013.
- "Beede named Golden Spikes finalist". vucommodores.com. Retrieved March 8, 2015.
- "Beede, Kemp named Howser Trophy Finalists". vucommodores.com. Retrieved March 8, 2015.
- "Vanderbilt pitcher Tyler Beede named to Team USA Baseball". Blogs.tennessean.com. April 25, 2013. Retrieved June 7, 2013.
- Bill Doyle Telegram & Gazette Staff. "Auburn's Tyler Beede impressively silences doubters - Sports - telegram.com - Worcester, MA". telegram.com. Retrieved April 10, 2018.
- "Top pick Beede proven big-game pitcher in college". San Francisco Giants. Retrieved March 8, 2015.
- "Tyler Beede Stats, Highlights, Bio - MiLB.com Stats - The Official Site of Minor League Baseball". MiLB.com. Retrieved February 20, 2018.
- Baggarly, Andrew (February 23, 2017). "Giants prospect Tyler Beede poised to break through". Bay Area News Group.
- Schulman, Henry (November 20, 2017). "Giants add Beede, three others to 40-man roster; A's DFA Brugman". SFGate. Retrieved April 10, 2018.
- Schulman, Henry. "Giants 2014 first-rounder Tyler Beede to make big-league debut". SFGate. Retrieved April 10, 2018.
- Haft, Chris (January 20, 2016). "Giants' Tyler Beede ready for jump to Majors | San Francisco Giants". Mlb.com. Retrieved April 10, 2018.