|Cincinnati Reds – No. 30|
|Born: September 29, 1994|
Newport Beach, California
|August 27, 2017, for the Cincinnati Reds|
|MLB statistics |
(through September 1, 2019)
|Earned run average||4.67|
Mahle attended Westminster High School in Westminster, California. He committed to play college baseball at the University of California, Santa Barbara. He was drafted by the Cincinnati Reds in the seventh round of the 2013 Major League Baseball draft. He signed with the Reds and made his professional debut that same year with the Arizona League Reds, going 1-3 with a 2.36 ERA in 34.1 innings pitched.
He spent 2014 with the Billings Mustangs where he was 5-4 with a 3.87 ERA in 15 starts and 2015 with the Dayton Dragons where he pitched to a 13-8 record and 2.43 ERA in 27 games (26 starts). In 2016, he pitched for the Daytona Tortugas and the Pensacola Blue Wahoos where he was 14-6 with a 3.64 ERA in 27 starts.
Mahle was called up to make his major league debut on August 27, 2017. In 24 starts between Pensacola and Louisville prior to his call up he was 10-7 with a 2.06 ERA and a 0.96 WHIP. On September 13 of the same year, Mahle pitched five shutout innings against the St. Louis Cardinals to earn his first MLB win. Mahle spent the rest of 2017 with the Reds after being called up and in four starts for the Reds, he was 1-2 with a 2.70 ERA.
Mahle began 2018 in Cincinnati's opening rotation, but was optioned to Louisville in August before being recalled in September. In 23 starts for the Reds, he went 7-9 with a 4.98 ERA. Mahle returned to Cincinnati's rotation to begin 2019.
- "Mahle sets the pace for Westminster". OC Varsity. Retrieved November 20, 2015.
- "Southington High's Sal Romano To Sign With Reds". tribunedigital-thecourant. Retrieved November 20, 2015.
- "Dragons' Mahle in command". mydaytondailynews.com. Retrieved November 20, 2015.
- "Midwest League notebook: Cincinnati Reds prospect Tyler Mahle credits dad for progress with Dayton Dragons - MiLB.com News - The Official Site of Minor League Baseball". MiLB.com. Retrieved November 20, 2015.
- "Reds prospect Tyler Mahle throws perfect game for Double-A Pensacola". Usatoday.com. Retrieved June 21, 2017.
- "Tyler Mahle Stats, Highlights, Bio - MiLB.com Stats - The Official Site of Minor League Baseball". MiLB.com. Retrieved May 21, 2018.