The former Yate to Thornbury railway branch line passes nearby, with two bridges in the village and a tank engine near the quarry entrance as reminders of the railway. The line now ends at the quarry and is used for the transport of stone, but used to continue through a tunnel under the A38, to Thornbury. Tytherington had its own small station on the single track line: it opened in 1872 and closed to passengers in 1944.
In the village there is a park, a former primary school (now used as the village hall), the Swan public house, a community shop, a church and a Baptist chapel. The community shop has a Post Office branch which has now reopened after being under threat of closure.
To the south of Tytherington is the hamlet of Itchington which includes an old lime works, which is now at the centre of a small development of 18 new homes..
Sport and leisure
- "parish population 2011". Retrieved 20 March 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tytherington, Gloucestershire.|