Unifi (internet service provider)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Industry||Internet Service Provider|
|Founded||24 March 2010|
|Headquarters||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Dato' Sri , CEO|
Unifi (stylized as unifi) is a service by Telekom Malaysia, offering Internet access, VoIP and IPTV to residential and business customers in Malaysia through an optical fiber network via Fiber to the Home (FTTH) for individual housing units and VDSL2 for high-rise buildings.
Formerly called the VIP (Voice, Internet, Phone) plan, the residential package was renamed as Advance plan, Pro plan, and Lite plan, which provides video or IP Television, Internet Access, and phone service.
Initiated and signed in September 2008, the RM11.3 billion national HSBB (High-Speed Broadband) project is a PPP agreement between TM and the government to develop next generation HSBB infrastructure and services. TM invested RM8.9 billion and the government invested RM2.4 billion on an incurred claims basis based on project milestones reached by TM.
unifi was officially launched on 24 March 2010. Other wireless broadband providers include P1 (rebranded as webe on 29 April 2016 and subsequently unifi Mobile) and YTL, which launched its WiMax wireless broadband in November 2010.
On 12 July 2018, TM unveiled the third generation of unifi plan, called the unifi Turbo and unifi Basic plan. The unifi Turbo plan consist of 100Mbit/s, 300Mbit/s, 500Mbit/s and 800Mbit/s packages. Existing first (VIP) and second generation unifi users will be upgraded to the third generation packages free of charge and without contract extension or renewal. Meanwhile, the unifi Basic plan comes with 30Mbit/s download speed and is targeted toward household with income less than RM4500 per month. Household will need to be verified for its eligibility for the plan during sign up.
- "TM's Unifi announcement: Cheaper, 10X faster...and then there's Streamyx". SoyaCincau.com. 2018-07-12. Retrieved 2018-07-13.
- "TM introduces 30Mbps Unifi plan at RM79 for B40". Malaysiakini. 2018-07-12. Retrieved 2018-09-14.
- "TM unveils RM79 broadband plan for B40 income group". The Edge Markets. 2018-07-12. Retrieved 2018-09-14.
- "Affordable 30Mbps unifi below RM100 for poorer folks, others get free upgrade says Telekom - Business News | The Star Online". www.thestar.com.my. Retrieved 2018-09-14.
- "Unifi Broadband Plan 30Mbps At RM79 For B40 Group | CompareHero". www.comparehero.my. Retrieved 2018-09-14.
- "TM unveils Unifi Basic plan for RM79/month but there's a catch". SoyaCincau.com. 2018-07-12. Retrieved 2018-07-13.