Union Square/Market Street station
|Union Square/Market Street|
Construction of the Union Square entrance in May 2019
|Location||Stockton and O'Farrell Streets|
San Francisco, California
|Platforms||1 island platform|
|Connections|| Muni: 5, 5R, 6, 7, 7X, 8, 8AX, 8BX, 9, 9R, 21, 27, 30, 31, 38, 38R, 45, 81X, 91 Owl, L Owl, N Owl|
|Opening||December 26, 2018 —|
December 10, 2019
Union Square/Market Street station is an under construction underground light rail station of the San Francisco Municipal Railway's Muni Metro system. It is located on the corners of Stockton, and O'Farrell and Market streets in Financial District, San Francisco about a block away from Union Square. Its construction is part of the Central Subway Project and it will be a future station on the T Third Street line. Construction on the station is scheduled to be completed in 2018, and it is projected to open for public service in 2019.
The Union Square/Market Street Station will connect to the existing Powell Street BART/Muni Station's mezzanine level through an underground concourse, allowing for transfers to BART and Muni lines, the Powell Street cable car lines, and Muni bus routes in the area.
Station excavation was completed by July 2017, and concrete was poured for the station floor.
Stockton Street reopened between Geary Street and Ellis Street on February 22, 2019. Muni route 8/8AX/8BX and 91 buses returned to lower Stockton Street and 4th Street on February 25; route 30 and 45 trolleybuses returned on April 13 after overhead wires were re-installed.
- Rodriguez, Joe Fitzgerald (July 25, 2017). "Central Subway completion date delayed again". San Francisco Examiner. Retrieved July 26, 2017.
- "Central Subway Alignment". San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency (SFMTA). Archived from the original on September 23, 2015. Retrieved September 26, 2015.
- "Union Square/Market Street" (PDF) (Fact Sheet). San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency (SFMTA). October 2012. Archived from the original (pdf) on October 18, 2015. Retrieved September 26, 2015.
- Walker, Wilson (February 26, 2017). "San Francisco's Big Dig Ahead Of Schedule". CBS. Retrieved February 28, 2017.
- Cabanatuan, Michael (July 14, 2017). "Chinatown frustration rises with delay in SF subway construction". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved September 6, 2017.
- Pierce, Phillip (February 19, 2019). "Lower Stockton Street to Reopen to Traffic and Transit" (Press release). San Francisco Municipal Transportation Authority.
- "The 30 & 45 Return to Lower Stockton and 4th Streets: April 13, 2019" (Press release). San Francisco Municipal Transportation Authority. April 13, 2019.
|This San Francisco train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This San Francisco Municipal Railway-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|