Central University of Chile
Universidad Central de Chile
|Motto||Independencia, Pluralismo, Compromiso|
Motto in English
|Independence, Pluralism, Commitment|
|Established||9 november 1982|
|President||Ricardo Napadensky Bauzá|
|Rector||Santiago González Larraín|
|Colors||Pantone Reflex Blue / Pantone Process Black|
The Central University of Chile (UCEN) (Spanish: Universidad Central de Chile) is the first autonomous private university in Chile, founded in 1982 in Santiago de Chile. It's accredited in the areas of institutional management and undergraduate teaching by the National Accreditation Commission of Chile for a term of four years from December 2008 to December 2012.
The Central University of Chile is structured in five faculties, in which are held 2 Ph.D. programs, 23 master's programs, 29 undergraduate programs, 6 top-level technical programs and various training programs and continuing education in the areas of Management, Architecture, Social Sciences, Law, Education, Health and Technology.
The Headquarters of Central University of Chile is located in the University District of Santiago, near the Toesca metro station, addition to four campuses, an extension center and a sports center in the heart of the capital, totaling more than 80,000 m² infraestructura. Also has two campus in the cities of Antofagasta and La Serena in the north of Chile.
|Carlos Blin Arriagada||1983–1985|
|Húgo Gálvez Gajardo||1985–1995|
|Vicente Kovacevic Poklepovic||1995–2000|
|Gonzalo Hernández Uribe||2000|
|René Martínez Lemoine||2000–2001|
|Luis Lucero Alday||2002–2011|
|Dr. Ignacio Larraechea Loeser||2011|
|Dr. Luis Merino Montero||2011-2012|
|Rafael Rosell Aiquel||2012-2015|
|Santiago González Larraín||2015-|
- Faculty of Engineering and Architecture
- School of Engineering
- School of Architecture and Landscape
- Faculty of Economy, Government and Communications
- School of Economics and Business
- School of Government and Communications
- Faculty of Education and Social Science
- School of Initial Education
- School of Secondary Education and Social Sciences
- Faculty of Law and Humanities
- School of Law and Social Work
- Faculty of Healthcare science
- School of Health
- School of Psychology and Occupational Therapy
- Institute of Technical Careers
- Felipe Harboe. Senator for Senate cirucunscripcion No. 12 (Bio Bio Cordillera).
- Romy Schmidt. Former Minister of National Assets.
- Costa Rica
- United States
- National University of Altiplano
- Continental University of Science and Engineering
- Alfonso X University
- Autonomous University of Madrid
- University of Castile-La Mancha
- University of Granada
- University of La Laguna
- University of La Rioja
- University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
- University of León
- University of Sevilla
- European University of Madrid
- Polytechnic University of Catalonia
- Polytechnic University of Madrid
- Polytechnic University of Valencia
The Central University of Chile Students Federation (Federación de Estudiantes de la Universidad Central de Chile [abbr. FEUCEN]) is an organization that represents all the students of the University with the academic authorities and the CONFECH (Confederation of Chilean Students). The current president of the FEUCEN is Marco Velarde a student from the School of Sociology.
- "Chile's First Community College Remakes Technical Education's Image". The Chronicle of Higher Education. November 7, 2010. Retrieved August 15, 2011.