University of Asia Pacific
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (May 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Motto||"Committed to excellence"|
|Chancellor||President Abdul Hamid|
|Vice-Chancellor||Jamilur Reza Choudhury|
74/A, Green Road, Farmgate, Dhaka - 1215,
University of Asia Pacific (UAP) was established in 1996 as a private university under the Private University Act 1992. Its curriculum has been approved by The University Grants Commission of the Government of the People's Republic of Bangladesh. The university started its operation in the first semester of classes in 1996, and offered four-year bachelor's degree programs in Computer Science and Technology and Business Administration only. Now UAP offers undergraduate programs in English, Law, Architecture, Business Administration, Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical and Electronic Engineering and Pharmacy.
UAP has been sponsored by University of Asia Pacific Foundation, a non-profit, non-commercial organisation based in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Department of Architecture
- Department of Business Administration
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Department of Pharmacy
- Department of English.
- Department of Laws and Human Rights
- Bachelor of Architecture.(B.Arc.)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA).
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Engineering (CSE).
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (CE)
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE).
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (B. Pharm).
- Bachelor of Arts in English.
- Bachelor of Laws, LL.B.(Honours).
The Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE) & Computer Science & Engineering program has been accredited by the Board of Accreditation for Engineering and Technical Education in Bangladesh (BAETE). This enables the graduates to be members of the Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh (IEB), a highly prestigious and the only government-approved professional body for engineers.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA)
- Master of Civil Engineering (MCE)
- Master of Science in Computer Science & Engineering (MCSE)
- Masters program in English (1-year)
- Masters program in English (2-years)
- Master in Laws (Regular)
- MS in Pharmaceutical Technology (Non-Thesis)
- MS in Pharmaceutical Technology (Thesis)
Student Organizations of UAP
- IEEE UAP Student Branch
- English Literacy Club
- Cultural Club
- Debating Club
- Sports Club
- ACI UAP Student Branch
- Geotechnical Engineering Club
- Environment & Disaster Management Club
- Arts and Photography Club
- Civil Enginering Structure Club
- Transportation Engineering Club
- Entrepreneurship Club
- Pharmacia Club
- EEE Project Club
- Career Club
- Business & Education Club
- Computer and Programming Club (CPC)
- Hardware and Software Club
- Volunteer Service Club
- Cyber Security Club
- UAP Photography Society
- UAP Film Society
- UAP Moot Court Society
- LHR Readers' Forum
- Social Awareness Club
- Film club
Academic and research collaboration
UAP enjoys collaborative ties with a number of reputed foreign and national universities, institutions of higher education and research in foreign countries. UAP is currently running 3+1 degree programmes, i.e., students can complete their first three years at UAP and the final year at one of these universities. They can be awarded the degree from either of these institutions, which indicates the quality of teaching and research at this university.
- USA: University of Baltimore, Virginia Tech, South Dakota School of Mines and Technology, Purdue University, DeVry University, etc.
- Canada: University of Windsor
- Australia: Western Sydney University, University of Canberra
- Ireland: Griffith College, Dublin
- Japan: Port and Airport Research Institute (PARI), Japan Concrete Institute (JCI)
Under these collaborations, the first batch of BBA students has completed graduation at the University of Baltimore and batches of CE students have completed research programmes at PARI.
List of Vice-Chancellors
- Hedayet Ahmed (June 1996–)
- A. S. M Shahjahan
- M. R. Kabir (March 2003 – September 2004)
- Abdul Matin Patwari (September 7, 2004 – 2012)
- Jamilur Reza Choudhury (May 2, 2012 – present)
The Institute for Energy, Environment, Research and Development (IEERD)
The Institute for Energy, Environment, Research, and Development (IEERD) is established at the University of Asia Pacific as a constituent research and academic institute or center with a separate administrative structure. The purpose of the “Institute” is to keep pace with regional and global research of development and education in energy including clean energy, increasing the energy efficiency of equipment and appliances, work on the quality of materials, environment, water resources and water management and other related fields at the university.
The aims and objectives of the ”Institute” are to undertake and promote research and teaching in the fields of energy with emphasis on new and renewable energy development, energy conservation and energy management, assessing quality of materials, environment, water resources, water management, development and to develop human resources in the relevant fields.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to University of Asia Pacific.|
- University of Asia Pacific
- ARCHSOCIETY (Born in the lab of "The Department of Architecture" at "The University of Asia Pacific"