|This user is a member of the Association of Inclusionist Wikipedians.
The motto of the AIW is conservata veritate, which translates to "with the preserved truth".
My name is not "Cyclopedia", but Cyclopia. Don't know why so many people misspell it.
Want to help Wikipedia? Remove wrongly put PRODs and save articles from oblivion! Also, check AfD for misguided deletion nominations.
- I am author (among others) of a paper on Wikipedia for scientists: Ten simple rules for editing Wikipedia, on PLoS Computational Biology.
- The Independent seems to think that I am a spokesman for Wikipedia. Sadly, that's very far from the truth. I am just a plain, run-of-the-mill editor.
Who am I?
36 y.o. , Ph.D. in experimental biophysics, former postdoc in Molecular Biology at the University of Cambridge, former developer of text-mining solutions, former postdoc at University of Verona, Italy, former second Ph.D. in bioinformatics at the German Research School for Simulation Sciences, in Jülich, Germany.
My nickname comes from this malformation. This may seem morbid. It's because actually, "curiosities" like that are open doors on the deep secrets of nature.
My editing pattern is sort of a WikiOgre-like. I can steer away from WP for ages, and then coming back here daily for a couple of months.
I do not fear to get my hands dirty with "bad" topics like sexuality, far-right politics or the like. I stand firmly to the principles of us not being censored. I however tend to steer away from the most popularly controversial tarpits like Israeli-Palestinian conflict, climate change etc. So please don't ask me to comment/edit such stuff -I simply don't have the nerves and will to do that.
- WP:DONOHARM (the lines where it explains why it has been rejected: "do no harm" goes in the face of NPOV).
- WP:DISCRIMINATE (Explaining very well the most misunderstood of WP policies, that is WP:IINFO)
- Lots of extinct animal genera to fill! Check within the following lists: List of therapsids, List of prehistoric mammals, List of fossil primates, List of fossil birds, List of prehistoric bony fish, List of prehistoric cartilaginous fish, List of prehistoric jawless fish, List of placoderms, List of acanthodians, List of Ediacaran genera, and a horde of invertebrate lists can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Lists_of_prehistoric_invertebrates (from FunkMonk (talk · contribs))
Also in general the Neofascism pages are lacking in info, verifying etc. (it's generally hard to find reliable informations about those movements, but...)
- User:Cyclopia/Qassim Afzal - resource and bring back in article space (check AfD first)
- Giuliano Ferrara, expand (see it.wiki)
- Write Hobbit Camps
- Biochemistry stubs
- Bitter taste receptor
- Common quail needs to be expanded
- Dopamine receptors need figure etc.
- Bowfin requires a decent evolution paragraph, plus re-checks.
I have an account on the Wikipedia Review forum and one on Wikipediocracy. I don't belong to the WR/WO "community", however: I strongly disagree with many of their stances on WP, and I feel that they create more problems than constructive criticism. I created the accounts only in the attempt of having a civil discussion with the "other side". Quite unsuccessfully: apparently, according to WO, I am "reprehensible scum". Cute.